Siamak is a Managing Director and Lead Architect in Protiviti's ERP Solutions practice in San Francisco office. He has over 25 years of experience and leads the System Strategy and Selection methodology at Protiviti. Siamak provides advisory and assurance services to executive management and process leads, assisting them in defining business systems strategy and related roadmaps. He is a thought leader in designing solutions supporting ERP and enterprise system strategies that help organizations achieve superior operational efficiency. Siamak has played a crucial role in creating an innovative and holistic approach to optimize and automate business processes centered on enterprise systems such as SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, NetSuite, Hyperion, and different point solutions including revenue recognition, billing systems, treasury systems, warehouse management, inventory, and human capital management systems.
- Broadband Provider in Redwood Shores, CA – Designed a comprehensive solution to automate key business processes including billing, complex pricing plans, taxation, contract management, revenue recognition, procurement, disbursement, allocations, reconciliations, supply chain, and production. Defined future enterprise business systems architecture including the new ERP system, remaining legacy business systems, and related interfaces. Identified a short list of ERP and Rev Rec systems providing standard functions to support the solution design created to automate the key business processes. The solution design enabled the Customer to assess the capabilities of the ERP systems under consideration to support highly complex billing requirements with the orders having up to tens of thousands of lines.
- Consumer-Directed and Employee Health Spending Benefits Provider, San Mateo, CA – Managed the ERP Strategy and Selection process to define short and long terms strategic roadmaps, design solutions, and select vendors and implementation partners (System Integrators.) The strategies, solutions, and systems resolved the critical issues related to several platforms used to support the operations related to customer sales, pricing, billing, collection, general accounting, and reporting. The firm was suffering from inefficient back-office processes organized around Microsoft Dynamics GP that was largely outgrown by acquisition of new businesses and evolution of the firm to a market leader in their industry. The ERP Strategy and Selection project designed solutions to standardize competing business processes and automate the integration of front-end platforms (strategic applications) and back-end systems (enabling applications.) Provided a comprehensive solution design to support the selection of enabling applications including general accounting, reporting, financial planning and budgeting, consolidation, multi-currency, procurement, vendor invoicing, disbursement, accounts payable, customer billing, accounts receivables, collections, reconciliation, revenue recognition, and project costing.
- Background Check Service Provider, New York – As the lead solution architect, defined the future ERP strategy of the company and supporting solution designs. The company wanted to streamline their processes and systems to resolve the inefficiencies that were resulted from multiple acquisitions. The existing ERP system, Microsoft Dynamics SL, was not sophisticated enough to manage different master data structures such as pricing, product, and customers. Also, Microsoft SL lacked the technical foundation to automate the accounting operations of a global company , resulting in tedious and costly manual workarounds to maintain the integrity of several logical instances representing the corresponding organizational units. The outcome of ERP Strategy and Selection enabled the firm to define the appropriate ERP and larger landscape of the business applications supporting front-office and back-office business processes.
Areas of Expertise
Enterprise Systems Design
ERP Strategy and Selection
ERP Security Systems
Business Process Automation
ERP Subject Matter Specialist
Supply Chain Optimization
Financial Process Optimization
- MIS – Management of Information Systems (Paris School of Management)
- Post Master of Sociology of Organizations (University of Saint Denis – France)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
Association of Operations Management (APICS)