Scott is a Managing Director in the Data and Analytics practice at Protiviti. Scott joined Protiviti via the acquisition of Decision First Technologies in November 2015. Scott was the co-founder of Decision First where he ran the entire services organization overseeing the data warehousing & analytics practices. Under Scott’s leadership, DFT was named SAP Analytics Partner of the Year 7 times. Scott has spoken at a number of conference, podcast, webinars including SAP’s biggest conference – Sapphire on a number of BI topics including real-time warehousing and deploying BI via the cloud. Prior to DFT, Scott consulted for and managed teams for a BI technology company and ran operations for a manufacturing plant.
- Over 20 years’ experience developing and implementing analytic solutions across a variety of industries and involving a number of different technologies. These solutions included large enterprise data warehouses, small targeted data marts, real time ODS coupled with reporting, dashboard, and visualizations solutions deployed locally and in the cloud.
- Provided the managerial oversight for the development of a first of its kind real-time virtual data warehouse against SAP ECC 6 utilizing HANA. The role required defining modeling and visualization strategy, allocating resources, prioritizing tasks, managing scope, determining strategies for issue resolution before impact on critical path, providing testing, training, rollout, and transition plans. The results of the project were greater insight into financials, improved staff productivity, the ability to IPO by aligning infrastructure and processes with requirements of SOX.
- Lead the implementation of the BI Center of Excellence for a global manufacturing firm. Designed high level architecture and methodology. Worked with customer to develop a fair distribution of tasks based on physical location and technical specialty. Managed the development and rollout of an integrated financial data warehouse across corporate affiliates.
- Architected a cloud based business intelligence portal for a financial services company that allowed their clients HR managers to review statistics regarding their employees 401k participation. Installed an configured servers in a multi-tenant environment with row level security and the web tier in the DMZ using SSL and SSO. Developed reports and visualizations and supported production rollout.
- Managed a team of over 60 consultants through the development of hundreds of data marts, reports, dashboards and other BI solutions over a 15 year period. Responsibilities included hiring, training, coaching and supporting. Created teaming atmosphere that lead to awards for top places to work and one of the lowest attrition rates in the industry.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Warehousing
- Data Governance
- Big Data
- Cloud Deployments
- SAP BI
- BIE, Engineering – Georgia Institute of Technology
- MBA, CIS – Georgia State University, J. Mack Robinson College of Business
Professional Memberships and Certification
- SAP Sapphire
- ASUG (National, GA, FL)
- Several BOBJ User Groups
- Over 50 Webinars
- SAP Radio & YouTube Channel
- Other BI Conferences