Ricci is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Los Angeles office. His experience includes working in the Real Estate and Financial Services Industries in which his focus over the past 17 years has been related to a combination of operational, financial, compliance, and regulatory /Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audit services. Prior to his current internal audit/risk consulting work, he was a financial statement auditor for three years.
- Internal Audit consulting experience including overall responsibility for real estate co-sourcing arrangements, entity and process risk assessments, and internal audit plan development through execution and reporting to audit committees and all levels of management.
- Internal Audit focus on clients operating in the residential, office/commercial, industrial and retail space.
- Significant experience in reviewing real estate business processes, including Revenue Recognition, Financial Close, Capital Assets, Expenditures, and Information Technology . Specific focus includes:
- Creating property site visit workprograms.
- Facilitating the creation of management’s ERM risk assessment and reporting quarterly to the board.
- Managing a variety of internal audit projects specific to Fast Close of Financials, Straight Line Rent, and Accounts Payable efficiency.
- Reviewing Accounting policies and procedures to determine whether they are timely updated, reflect current practices and whether they have been appropriately approved .
- Determining the comprehensiveness of procedures and determining whether practices are consistent with accounting standards.
- Reviewing calculations relating to capitalized costs to determine whether assets are properly recorded at cost/valuation.
- Evaluating Company procurement processes.
- SOX project management, including facilitation of the annual risk assessment, leading efforts specific to managements documentation of process related risks and controls, facilitation and review of effectiveness testing, and reporting to SOX Steering Committees and Executive Management.
- Reengineered financial processes resulting in efficiency, cost savings and enhanced control environments.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Regulatory Compliance
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Douglas Emmett, Inc.
- Kennedy Wilson Holdings, Inc.
- Chambers Street Properties
- Griffin Capital
- B.S. – Accounting, California Lutheran University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors