WHO: Nearly 200 interns at global consulting firm Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) participating in the firm’s summer internship program.
WHEN: Friday, July 10, 2015; various times depending on location.
WHAT: The second annual U.S. Intern Day of Service. Protiviti’s interns, joined by nearly 700 of the firm’s employees, are volunteering today in 25 cities concurrently for not-for-profit organizations including: Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, Ronald McDonald House, Meals on Wheels, among several others.
- Examples of Protiviti Intern Day of Service projects include:
- In Baltimore, interns are planting and pruning at The Maryland Zoo for Wild Weed Out
- Interns from the Los Angeles office are doing a beach clean-up by picking up trash at Venice Beach
- Interns from Protiviti’s Cincinnati office are banding together with Habitat for Humanity and assisting in building a house for a local family in need
- In New York, interns are assisting the organization Meals on Wheels by delivering meals to the elderly
- Interns in St. Louis are making blankets for children in the St. Louis Children’s Hospital
- Volunteers in 10 cities across the U.S. are packing meals for a variety of not-for-profit organizations as part of Protiviti’s ‘i on Hunger’ initiative to fight hunger
WHY: Protiviti has a strong track record when it comes to volunteerism and community service. The firm has extended this commitment through its Intern Day of Service, which remains a key component of its summer internship program. The inclusion of interns in Protiviti’s company-wide community initiatives has proven successful in helping them to understand the firm’s fundamental values and culture, while also giving them the opportunity to give back to the community. As a firm acutely in tune with this generation’s desire to give back, Protiviti was recently named to the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials list, which recognizes U.S. companies with exceptional workplace cultures, talent development and opportunities for millennials. In 2014, Protiviti’s inaugural Intern Day of Service was honored with Consulting magazine’s Excellence in Social & Community Investment Award, which honors the positive impact consulting firms make in social and community causes.
WHERE: Volunteer events take place in the following markets where Protiviti has offices: Atlanta; Baltimore; Boston; Charlotte, Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Dallas; Ft. Lauderdale; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; New York; Orlando; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Pittsburgh; Salt Lake City; San Francisco; Seattle; St. Louis; Tampa; Washington, D.C.