Menlo Park, CA - July 12, 2017 -
Over 220 interns at global consulting firm Protiviti (www.protiviti.com
) currently participating in the firm’s annual summer internship program will volunteer for local non-profit organizations across the U.S.
Friday, July 14, 2017 (various times depending on location; contact Protiviti for exact times per location).
The fourth annual U.S. Intern Day of Service. Protiviti’s interns, joined by nearly 600 of the firm’s employees, will volunteer on Friday in 25 cities concurrently for non-profit organizations including: Blessings in a Backpack, Ronald McDonald House, Room to Grow, Harbor House and Meal on Wheels, among several others.
Examples of Protiviti Intern Day of Service projects include:
- Interns from the Boston office will help sort through and prepare baby clothing, shoes, toys, books and other baby essentials for ‘Room to Grow’, an organization committed to enriching the lives of babies born into poverty.
- In Orlando, interns will work on-site at Harbor House, a domestic violence shelter which develops, deploys and models best practices to eradicate domestic abuse. They will lead activities in the childcare facility such as arts and crafts, board games, reading and sports.
- Chicago interns will be partnering with Blessings in a Backpack to pack 750 meals for Chicago children.
- Interns from the Los Angeles office will do a beach clean-up by picking up trash on the beaches of Santa Monica.
- In Houston, interns will spend the afternoon volunteering for the Center for Hearing and Speech, where they will assist in organizing and cleaning the facilities as well as creating new pieces of art to be displayed.
- Protiviti interns in 15 cities across the U.S., will pack meals for a variety of non-profit organizations as part of Protiviti’s on-going ‘i on Hunger’ initiative to fight world hunger
The Intern Day of Service has become a staple in Protiviti’s summer internship program because of the firm’s dedication to and passion for volunteerism and community service. The inclusion of interns in Protiviti’s community initiatives has proven successful in helping them to understand the firm’s fundamental values and culture, while also providing them with an opportunity to give back to the community. As a firm acutely in tune with the millennial generation’s desire to give back, Protiviti was recently named again to the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials®
list, which recognizes U.S. companies with exceptional workplace cultures, talent development and opportunities for millennials. Protiviti’s year-round award-winning
initiative i on Hunger has provided more than 4 million meals for the hungry around the world through meal-packing events, food drives and meal delivery efforts since its inception in 2014.
Volunteer events take place in the following markets where Protiviti has offices: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte, Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Dallas; Denver; Ft. Lauderdale; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; New York; Orlando; Philadelphia; Pittsburgh; Phoenix; Salt Lake City; San Francisco; Seattle; St. Louis; Tampa; Washington, D.C.