Seventh edition features nearly 3,000 questions and answers related to AML and sanctions compliance.
MENLO PARK, CA, September 25, 2017 – Global consulting firm Protiviti has published the 2017 edition of its Guide to U.S. Anti-Money Laundering Requirements: Frequently Asked Questions, which serves as a tool for organizations as they navigate requirements around anti-money laundering (AML), combatting financial terrorism (CFT) and sanctions compliance.
First published in 2003, the Protiviti guide is a practical resource for financial institutions and professionals such as attorneys, regulators, members of law enforcement academics and companies interested in and challenged by AML/CFT and sanctions compliance. The seventh edition of the guide features new and updated sections, including:
- Recent changes to U.S. AML/CFT regulations and industry standards
- Detailed coverage of current U.S. sanction requirements
- A significantly expanded discussion of how technology enables AML/CFT and sanctions compliance and regulators’ expectations for the selection and use of this technology
- Increasing convergence between AML/CFT and other regulatory and operational mandates, such as anti-bribery compliance, fraud detection and cybersecurity protection
- A look forward to how RegTech may change the future of AML/CFT compliance through the use of digital technologies, robotics and artificial intelligence
- More in-depth discussion of international developments
- A special supplement on the New York State Department of Financial Services’ Part 504, the first-of-its-kind regulation requiring certification of AML/CFT and sanction screening programs
“As organizations continue to look at ways to enhance and improve the efficiency of their anti-money laundering and sanctions risk management programs, our FAQ serves as a resource for practicable and actionable guidance,” said Carol Beaumier, a managing director at Protiviti and member of the firm’s financial services practice. “When we launched this guide in 2003, we never imagined that the 140 questions we addressed in that first edition would expand to almost 3,000 questions. Yet, our goal today remains the same as it was in 2003 – to provide clarity around the issues faced by organizations as they work toward anti-money laundering and sanctions compliance.”
A complimentary copy of the Guide to U.S. Anti-Money Laundering Requirements: Frequently Asked Questions is available on www.protiviti.com/aml in an easily searchable format. Updates to the information included in the guide will be periodically added to this same site.