Participants can earn Continuing Professional Education credits during one-day events in Dallas (September 18) and Houston (October 15)
WHAT: Protiviti (www.protiviti.com), a global consulting firm and one of the 2015 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, will host two Continuing Professional Education (CPE) events for Texas auditing and accounting professionals. Each day-long instructional event will include sessions led by Protiviti subject-matter experts as well as notable guest speakers.
Participants can earn eight auditing and accounting CPE credits on topics that include:
- COSO 2013 Update
- Top Risks Panel Discussion with Board of Directors
- Investigating Vendor Fraud
- How to Handle Merger Risks
- New Revenue Recognition Standard
- Cybersecurity Panel Discussion with Chief Information Officers
- Working with Millennials
WHO: Speakers and sessions vary by location and will include the following topics, among many others:
- An Update on the U.S. Economy: Bob McTeer, former president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas and former chancellor of the Texas A&M University System
- COSO 2013: What Happened and What’s Next? Bob Hirth, chairman, COSO
- Board of Directors Panel: Executive Perspectives on Top Risks: moderated by Susan Haseley, managing director, Protiviti
- Managing and Overseeing Risk in a Merger Environment: Clint McPherson, managing director, Protiviti and Mary Lynn Mills, general auditor, American Airlines
- The New Revenue Recognition Standard and Other Hot Topics in Financial Reporting: Russ Collins, managing director, Protiviti
- Chief Information Security Officer Panel: Surviving a Security Firestorm: moderated by Protiviti director
- Leading (and Being Led by) Millennials: Scott Redfearn, executive vice president of global human resources, Protiviti
- COSO 2013: What Happened and What’s Next?: Bob Hirth, chairman, COSO
- Executive Panel Discussion: Perspectives on Emerging Risks: Jordan Reed, managing director, Protiviti
- The New Revenue Recognition Standard and other Hot Topics in Financial Reporting: Russ Collins, managing director, Protiviti
- Misplaced Trust: Investigating Vendor Fraud: Peter Grupe, director, Protiviti
- Leading (and Being Led by) Millennials: Scott Redfearn, executive vice president of -global human resources, Protiviti
- Beyond Segregation of Duties: The Increasing Burden of Proof: John Harrison, managing director, Protiviti
- State of the Energy Industry in Houston and the Wave of Effects on Local Companies: Danny Rudloff, managing director, Protiviti and Andy Willis, managing director, Protiviti
- The Internet of Things: Privacy Considerations: Michael Porier, managing director, An Yu, director, and Joe Marcum, senior manager, Protiviti
*Presentations subject to change.
September 18 - Dallas
October 15 - Houston
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. EDT: Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT: Training (lunch will be provided)
WHERE: Dallas: The Westin Galleria, Dallas
Houston: The Westin Galleria, Houston
Dallas Registration: http://www.protiviti.com/DallasCPE- $120 per person (group discounts are available: buy 4, get the 5th registration free)
Houston Registration: http://www.protiviti.com/HoustonCPE- $99 per person (group discounts are available: buy 4, get the 5th registration free)
CONTACT: Jennie Plumlee, [email protected], 469-374-2495
Protiviti is not licensed or registered as a public accounting firm and does not issue opinions on financial statements or offer attestation services.
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
For questions regarding Protiviti’s CPE program or for information regarding its administrative policies such as complaints and cancellation, please contact [email protected].
Program Level: Intermediate
Advanced Preparation: None