Participants earn Continuing Professional Education credits during one-day events in Tampa (June 12, 2015), Orlando (June 19, 2015) and Fort Lauderdale (June 26, 2015)
WHAT: Protiviti (www.protiviti.com), a global consulting firm, will host three Continuing Professional Education (CPE) conferences for accountants, auditors, finance and information technology professionals in Florida.
WHO: Protiviti speakers and sessions vary by location, and will include the following topics:
- The Future Auditor: The Chief Audit Executive’s Endgame: Brian Christensen, executive vice president; Heather Eastham, associate director; Sharon Delgado, senior manager
- PCAOB Inspection Reports - Impact on SOX Compliance Activities: Jeff Tecau, managing director; Kurt Knight, associate director; Flavia Phillipson, associate director
- The Revenue Recognition Rules: A Practical Approach to the Transition: Chris Wright, managing director
- Data Privacy: Regulatory Pressures and How to Audit Risks: Cal Slemp, managing director; David Taylor, managing director; Daniel Jacobson, senior manager
- Defending Against Data Breaches: Internal Controls for Cybersecurity: Mike Ortlieb, associate director
- Controlling the Risks of International Expansion: Phillip Fretwell, managing director
- Auditing Regulatory Compliance: Carol Beaumier, executive vice president
- Controlling Critical Construction and Capital Project Risks: Jeff Hartman, director; Jon Critelli, associate director
- Improving Internal Controls and Efficiency by Reducing Manual Effort in the Financial Close Cycle: Andrea Spinelli, director
*Presentations subject to change.
Participants who maintain CPA licenses can earn eight Accounting and Audit CPE credits by attending one of the three conferences.
June 12, 2015 Tampa
June 19, 2015 Orlando
June 26, 2015 Fort Lauderdale
7:00 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. EDT: Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT: Training (lunch will be provided)
Tampa: Renaissance Tampa International Hotel
Orlando: Embassy Suites Downtown Orlando
Ft. Lauderdale: Bonaventure Resort & Spa
HOW: Registration fee is $125 per person; register four participants and the fifth attendee is free. Register at http://www.protiviti.com/cpe. Call or email the event-specific contact below for the group discount:
Tampa: Dawn Boone, [email protected], +1 (813) 348-3378
Orlando: Brittany Parker, [email protected], +1 (407) 849-3913
Ft. Lauderdale: Tonya Cornish, [email protected], +1 (954) 712-3095
Named one of the 2015 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, Protiviti has also garnered local recognition in Florida (on the Florida Trend list of “2014 Best Places to Work”), and specifically in Tampa (one of the Tampa Bay Business Journal’s “2015 Best Places to Work”) and Orlando (named to the Orlando Business Journal’s “2015 Best Places to Work” list).
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.