Participants can earn Continuing Professional Education credits during one-day events in Ft. Lauderdale (June 17) and Orlando (June 24)
MENLO PARK, Calif. – June 14, 2016
WHAT: Following the success of a recent educational event in Tampa with more than 250 attendees, Protiviti (www.protiviti.com), a global consulting firm, will host two more Continuing Professional Education (CPE) days for Florida auditing and accounting professionals. Each instructional day will provide practical guidance on timely topics, led by Protiviti subject-matter experts as well as notable guest speakers. Breakfast, lunch and networking opportunities are included.
Participants can earn up to eight auditing and accounting CPE credits on topics that include:
- Fraud alerts and investigations
- Conducting internal investigations for non-investigators
- Cyber security and audit considerations
- Financial services hot topics
- Cloud controls and auditing
- Building an integrated advanced analytics strategy
WHO: Speakers and sessions vary by location and include the following subjects*, among many others:
- “The New Revenue and Lease Accounting Standards: An Approach to a Successful Transition” – Chris Wright, regional managing director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale); Charlie Soranno, managing director, Protiviti (Orlando)
- “Internal Investigations for Non-investigators” – Peter Grupe, director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale); Jim Gallo, associate director, Protiviti (Orlando)
- “Changing Trends in Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance” – Sriram Velicheti, managing director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale); Patrick NeSmith, director, Protiviti (Orlando)
- “The Internet of Things: Audit Risks and Considerations” – Nicholas Spinks, managing director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale); David Taylor, managing director, Protiviti (Orlando)
- “White Collar Crime and Fraud Risk Survey Results” – Peter Grupe, director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale)
- “Internal Controls for Evolving Information Security Risks” – Mike Ortlieb, associate director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando)
- “Smart ERP Diagnostics – How is Your Company Doing?” – Yailky Ubieda, director, Protiviti (Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando)
- “The Future of Internal Audit: A Panel Discussion” – Phil Fretwell, managing director, Protiviti (Orlando)
Presentations subject to change.
June 17 – Ft. Lauderdale
June 24 – Orlando
7:30 a.m. – 8:00 a.m. EDT: Continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. EDT: Training (lunch included)
WHERE: Ft. Lauderdale: Margaritaville Beach Resort, Hollywood
1111 North Ocean Drive, Hollywood, FL 33019
Orlando: Embassy Suites Downtown, 191 East Pine Street, Orlando, FL 32801
HOW: Registration: $125 per person (group discounts are available: buy 4, get the 5th registration free). Please click on the following links to register for:
EVENT QUESTIONS: Dawn Boone, [email protected], 813-348-3378
Named one of the 2016 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, Protiviti has also garnered local recognition in Florida (on the Florida Trend list of “2015 Best Places to Work”), and specifically in Orlando (named to the Orlando Business Journal’s “2015 Best Places to Work” list).
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
For questions regarding our CPE program or for information regarding our administrative policies such as complaint and cancellation, please contact [email protected].