WHO: Nearly 250 interns at global consulting firm Protiviti (www.protiviti.com) currently participating in the firm’s annual summer internship program will volunteer for local non-profit organizations across the U.S.
WHEN: Friday, July 15, 2016 (various times depending on location; contact Protiviti for exact times per location).
Examples of Protiviti Intern Day of Service projects include:
- In Washington D.C., interns will clean up the National Mall Park to help the National Mall and Memorial Parks/U.S. National Park Service
- Interns from the Los Angeles office will do a beach clean-up by picking up trash at Venice Beach
- Interns from Protiviti’s Orlando office will band together with Second Harvest Food Bank to sort meals to be distributed to soup kitchens and food banks in the Orlando area
- Protiviti employees and interns in the firm’s Boston office will sort clothes, shoes, books and toys to fill children’s “wish lists” at Cradles to Crayons.
- Interns in St. Louis will help Gateway Greening with weeding, bed clearing and compost-turning in community gardens
- Protiviti interns, as well as clients in 10 cities across the U.S., will pack meals for a variety of non-profit organizations as part of Protiviti’s on-going ‘i on Hunger’ initiative to fight world hunger
WHY: The Intern Day of Service has become a staple in Protiviti’s summer internship program because of the firm’s dedication to and passion for volunteerism and community service. The inclusion of interns in Protiviti’s community initiatives has proven successful in helping them to understand the firm’s fundamental values and culture, while also providing them with an opportunity to give back to the community. As a firm acutely in tune with the millennial generation’s desire to give back, Protiviti was recently named to the Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials list, which recognizes U.S. companies with exceptional workplace cultures, talent development and opportunities for millennials. In 2015, Protiviti’s i on Hunger program was honored with Consulting magazine’s Excellence in Social & Community Investment Award, which acknowledges the positive impact consulting firms make in social and community causes.
WHERE: Volunteer events take place in the following markets where Protiviti has offices: Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte, Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Dallas; Denver; Ft. Lauderdale; Houston; Indianapolis; Kansas City; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; New York; Orlando; Philadelphia; Phoenix; Pittsburgh; Salt Lake City; San Francisco; Seattle; St. Louis; Tampa; Washington, D.C.