Paul Sachs is a Managing Director with firm-wide responsibility for Protiviti's Litigation, Restructuring and Investigative Services solution. He has more than 30 years of experience advising organizations in the areas of litigation, investigations and M&A activities, and has worked with clients in a variety of industries.
Prior to the founding of Protiviti, Paul spent 26 years with Arthur Andersen and was a partner in the company's Los Angeles office.
Paul has extensive experience managing large, complex engagements. He has made numerous presentations to senior management and audit committees of Fortune 500 companies, and has spent much of his career working with clients on corporate governance matters.
Representative examples of Paul's engagements include:
- Led the recovery team that worked with Orange County in resolving their Chapter 9 bankruptcy, and testified in all ensuing litigation.
- Led the engagement team that performed the forensic, financial and management audit of the Bernice Pauahi Bishop Estate.
- Led the engagement team that performed the Salt Lake City Olympic investigation.
- Testified on behalf of a Big 4 accounting firm in a securities litigation matter.
- Established audit committees and internal audit functions at several organizations.
- Led engagement teams on several financial accounting restatement investigations on behalf of public company boards.
- Consulted with several public companies on implementation of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and stock exchange reforms.
- Testified before the Governmental Accounting Standards Board on accounting and financial reporting issues.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting, St. Ambrose University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)