Pat Mitchell is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Services Practice and the Market Leader for South Florida. He has over twenty-three years of Internal Audit, regulatory compliance, and corporate governance experience. His experience includes managing full outsourcing and co-sourcing Internal Audit engagements, entity and process risk assessments, audit plan development and execution, process reengineering, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, regulatory compliance, and developing enterprise risk management programs. Prior to joining Protiviti, Pat was employed as a bank examiner by the United States Department of Treasury’s Office of the Comptroller of the Currency where he was involved in the oversight of a portfolio of commercial banks.
- Financial Services Company - Pat is the lead Managing Director on an Internal Audit, regulatory compliance and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance outsourcing engagement at a large commercial bank. He interacts directly with senior management and the Audit Committee. He also acts as the engagement team risk management and regulatory compliance subject matter expert and assists with managing federal regulatory relationships.
- Global Corporation – Pat was the lead Managing Director on the internal audit co-sourcing and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance engagement with this multi-billion dollar conglomerate. He provided internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services to three of the company’s largest divisions. He was responsible for engagement quality assurance, resource planning, and worked directly with the company’s Chief Risk Officer and Internal Audit Director to coordinate engagement activities.
- Financial Services Company - Pat managed the enterprise risk management implementation efforts at an $8 billion financial services company. He worked directly with senior management to identify key risks, assess risk management capabilities and develop overall risk management strategies.
- Real Estate Investment Trust - Pat oversees the Internal Audit and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts at a multi-billon dollar Real Estate Investment Trust. He executes comprehensive risk assessments, develops risk-focused audit plans and helps manage the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Regulatory Compliance
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Master of Business Administration, University of South Florida
- Bachelor of Science, Florida State University
Certifications and Affiliations
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners