John is a Founding Managing Director in Protiviti’s Internal Audit Practice in Philadelphia with over 28 years of experience. Prior to Protiviti, John was a partner at Arthur Andersen in charge of the Firms' Philadelphia Internal Audit and risk consulting practices.
John leads the Internal Audit practice in the Philadelphia region. John has extensive experience in providing internal audit and SOX services to clients in a variety of industries. These services include business process analysis, enterprise wide risk assessment, vendor reviews, regulatory compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, corporate compliance, and related internal control consulting. His clients include medium to large private and publicly held companies.
- Extensive experience in providing risk assessment, development of policies and procedures to internal audit clients including Sarbanes-Oxley engagements.
- Has served numerous organizations address their business, operational and regulatory risks.
- Involved in assisting emerging, large and fast growth public companies establish internal audit functions and partnered with them as they expanded geographically to provide the right resources to manage their changing business risks.
- Served as the lead Managing Director on many large global internal audit and Sarbanes-Oxley clients, reporting to the client's Audit Committee.
- Managed and directed the internal audit activities for many companies. Activities included development of a risk-based internal audit plan, implementing state-of-the-art internal audit methodologies and technology tools and implementing Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Conducted audit committee reviews, quality assurance reviews for the evaluation of existing internal audit departments.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit Services
- Risk/Control Assessment
- Bachelors of Science, Accounting, Drexel University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant
- Pennsylvania Institute of Certified Public Accountants (PICPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors