I’m a Managing Director with over 30 years experience in providing audit and consulting services to companies in various industries. I currently lead Protiviti’s Central Region. Previously, I led the Minneapolis Office. Prior to Protiviti, I spent 17 years with a “Big 5” firm where I was an Audit and Business Advisory Partner.
- Large Global Manufacturer: Managed various teams of 10-50 individuals to assist this client on several Operational and Financial projects around its P2P systems and processes. A large division was experiencing numerous challenges monitoring the efficiency and accuracy of the Customer Order Management, Vendor Payables and Customer Invoicing processes. These engagements focused on the ordering, confirmation, delivery and invoicing of goods and services while ensuring the accuracy of vendor payments by eliminating the root causes of any process inefficiencies.
- Pharmacy Benefits Management Organization: Managed Internal Audit services provided which included entity level risk assessment, establishment of Internal Audit infrastructure, performance of process and technology audits, reporting to Audit Committee.
- Various Healthcare Providers: Managed teams of individuals who assessed various risks in the purchase-to-pay process. These teams were focused on the identification of various internal and operational risks, potential fraud, opportunities for potential cost savings, and recommendations on how the company could improve the process capability of their purchase-to-pay process.
- Large Telecommunications Company: Managed a team of 15 individuals responsible for performing a process review of their Financial Supply Chain including reviewing three years of client’s disbursements as well as key vendor arrangements for overpayments, duplicate payments, anomalies, potential fraud, etc. Project utilized various proprietary tools to identify and recover millions in cash for the client while identifying the root causes and helping the client to eliminate those root causes.
Areas of Expertise
- Supply Chain
- Internal Audit
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Real Estate
- B.S. – Accounting, Illinois State University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)