Megan is a certified Financial Risk Manager with over 9 years of experience leading and executing a variety of engagements. Megan has extensive experience in the financial services industry with a focus on global and national banks. As a part of the Risk & Compliance practice, Megan has worked on many risk engagements in order to help her clients enhance risk management processes across the first, second, and third lines of defense.
- Developed and implemented enhancements to the issues management process at a top 5 global bank for the audit department. Reviewed the issues management process against industry benchmarks to identify areas for improvement and coordinated with technology solutions teams to implement enhancements. Redesigned board reporting to include best practice metrics and improve the Board’s line of sight into audit’s issues management life cycle.
- Performed an assessment of Enterprise Risk Management reporting to risk committees and the board at a top financial services technology company. Assessment focused on reporting practices, content, and escalation protocols including an analysis of risk appetite reporting metrics. Leveraged industry knowledge to redesign reporting templates to incorporate leading practice metrics and information for the Enterprise Risk Committee and related sub-committees.
- Implemented and managed the Project Management Office (PMO) for an AML alert review function at a top 10 US bank. Designed reporting to track progress against case backlog, built forecasting models to track budget versus actuals, and managed the team working case reviews.
- Designed the future state operating model for the enterprise risk function of a top tier technology company. Activities included interviewing staff to determine current state focus areas; building an annual project plan and associated dashboards to track activities; and using risk expertise to determine appropriate structure and focus for future state operating model.
- Managed the PMO for AML Consent Order validation at a top 5 US bank. Activities included designing and managing a quality review function for validation work; designing and executing an AML skills assessment and capacity analysis for the bank’s AML audit group; creating and implementing efficiencies in weekly status reporting; and supporting other various initiatives to enhance and sustain the AML audit group and program.
- Managed the PMO and execution of an OFAC Compliance Program Review for a foreign bank operating in the US. Held stakeholder interviews and reviewed documentation relating to the OFAC compliance program policies and procedures, risk assessments, sanctions investigations, and internal escalations. Delivered a comprehensive report identifying potential compliance gaps and recommendations for improving the overall OFAC compliance program.
- Led a team performing independent AML and Sanctions risk assessments for a top North American bank. Identified and evaluated the inherent risks and controls for over 15 lines of business. Analyzed controls given identification of key risk areas and made recommendations for strengthening the control environment. Assisted in developing the risk assessment methodology and reporting including data consolidation and analysis for the vertical and horizontal risk assessments to be utilized by the bank. Communicated results of assessments to Management in over 30 vertical risk assessments reports and a horizontal risk assessment report.
- Developed and implemented a comprehensive AML Customer Risk Rating methodology for a top 5 US bank. Defined functional and technical requirements to support the methodology and coordinated with business and technology stakeholders throughout the technical implementation of the risk rating model.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk & Compliance
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- B.S. – Finance, Economic Consulting, Technology Management Kelley School of Business, Indiana University, Bloomington
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Financial Risk Manager (FRM)