Matt is a Associate Director based in Protiviti’s Denver office and is part of the Risk Technology Solutions practice which focuses on delivering technology enabling solutions to Protiviti and Protiviti’s clients. He has over ten years of experience in system requirements gathering, solutions configuration, implementation, and information technology consulting. Matt has primary responsibilities over the sales, delivery, engineering and support of the Protiviti Governance Portal.
Prior to joining the Risk Technology Solutions team, Matt was part of Protiviti ITC Team, providing Technology Risk and Internal Audit services across a variety of industries including Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, Hospitality, Manufacturing, Telecom, and Travel.
- Served as the subject matter expert for Governance Portal functionality and use cases on number of large multi-national clients. In this role, Matt has assisted with the design and construction of an integrated Risk, Control and Audit platform that supported a variety of compliance initiatives (e.g., Risk and Controls Management, ERM, Audit, Financial Compliance, and Regulatory Compliance).
- Successfully implemented Protiviti’s Governance Portal at multiple clients in various industries within the US and abroad. Worked with each client to determine the best implementation of the Portal based upon their needs and the system capabilities. Developed targeted training materials for end users and conducted training sessions as needed.
- Developed and delivered training materials for onsite project management and end user audiences for multiple clients utilizing Protiviti’s Governance Portal in order to optimize their ability to understand and leverage available system functionality. Developed and delivered web-based implementation training materials for maintenance clients utilizing the Governance Portal.
- Assisted in an Request for Proposal (“RFP”) analysis to determine the optimal Compliance solution for a global media and communications provider. Responsibilities included identification of key vendors, creation of the RFP and solution requirements, management of vendor communications, proposal review and analysis, vendor discussions regarding the solutions and pricing, etc.
- Assisted multiple client’s in the evaluation of existing GRC technologies to determine ability to meet client Regulatory and Risk Assessment requirements. Responsibilities included understanding client requirements and comparing to existing system configuration and capabilities to determine whether business requirements could be supported by existing solutions.
Areas of expertise:
- GRC Technology Solutions
- IT Consulting
- Compliance Management
- Software Implementation (i.e., GRC, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance software, Self Assessment software, Internal Audit software, etc.)
- Risk and Controls Management
- Assessment Management
- Internal Audit
- GRC Tool Selection and Evaluation
- Sarbanes Oxley
- Project Management
- University of Colorado at Boulder - BS, Business Information Technology