Matt is a Director in Protiviti’s Alexandria, Virginia office. He has over 15 years of experience working on identity and access management (IAM) projects for a variety of organizations both as a consultant to US Government and commercial customers and as a Product Manager within the private sector. Matt has a lead role on Protiviti’s Identity Management Center of Excellence supporting commercial customers in North America.
Previously, Matt served as the Product Manager for IAM where he provided leadership on the IAM enterprise platform utilized by millions of external customers and thousands of internal employees and partners. Matt oversaw the platform's strategic direction, demand management, product roadmap with business and IT partnership, business case development, and product quality throughout the development lifecycle to ensure deliver met business and customer expectations.
As an Associate at Booz Allen Hamilton Matt supported various US Government Defense customers with the rollout of smart cards and integration Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) for authentication to network and web-based systems.
For Protiviti, Matt has supported multiple commercial customers including Healthcare, Insurance, Financial, and Global Manufacturing industries, as well as US Government.
Select Project Experience
- For a fortune 100 Insurance customer, served as engagement manager and IAM SME across multiple projects including IAM Program strategy and roadmap, Directory and Role Governance, Role Engineering, PAM strategy and roadmap, CyberArk Safe Remediation / Cleanup, SailPoint developer support, Agile practices, and IAM objectives and dashboards.
- For Healthcare Insurance and Financial Services customers, served as engagement manager and subject matter expert to execute strategy and roadmap initiatives and to define a framework for Role Governance to support the Role lifecycle and access provisioning to include policies, processes, tools, and best practices in the areas of Role Mining and Engineering, Business Validation, Role Approval, and Role Maintenance.
- For a large multi-national Healthcare organization, served as engagement manager for a large, multi-year IAM engagement divided across 5 work streams, including establishing an IAM program, building and enhancing core IAM enterprise services, Active Directory security & group clean-up, PAM, and application control compliance and service integration.
- As Product Manager for IAM at the College Board, Matt set vision for and oversaw development of
- User account and access management services utilized by 9M+ students, parents, and education professionals across all College Board brands including SAT, AP, PSAT, BigFuture, CLEP, College Board Search.
- A new customer user account experience resulting in improved customer satisfaction and lowered support calls by 30%.
- A new RESTful based web services to replace legacy data access layers resulting in improved speed to deliver and reduce risk in front end UI changes and support vertical application use of IAM services.
- A cloud Identity Federation bridge, using PingFederate (hosted on AWS) and PingOne, to reduce integration costs, enable social federation login (e.g. Google).
Areas of Expertise
- Identity and Access Management
- Identity Federation
- User Accounts and Access Rights
- Privileged Account Management (PAM)
- Cloud Access Governance
- Role-based Access
- Product Management and Roadmap
- User Experience Design
- Financial Services
- Government Services
- Global Manufacturing
- B.S. – Information SystemsUniversity of Maryland Baltimore County
- M.S. – Information Technology Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Professional Memberships & Certifications