Mark Lippman is an experienced executive with over fifteen years leading security organizations at Arsenal Security Group, IBM and Cybertrust prior to joining Protiviti in 2012. Mr. Lippman has led engagements with over 100 clients transcending almost every industry although his expertise is in the Financial Services, Payment Processing and Retail sectors. Mr. Lippman received his MBA at Wharton and currently leads the National Security and Privacy practice. In addition, Mr. Lippman is a QSA-certified assessor for the Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards. Mr. Lippman is a versatile and highly skilled leader with a diverse background in information technology, sales and project management with a track record of leveraging technology to achieve targeted business objectives for clients and employers.
- Prior to Protiviti, Mr. Lippman was one of the founding partners of Arsenal Security Group, Inc. Mr. Lippman was responsible for managing a risk management firm that assisted clients in conducting secure transactions and protecting client information. His clients included some of the largest banks in the US, Canada and the UK as well major US retail and hospitality firms.
- Prior to Arsenal Security Group, Mr. Lippman served as Vice President for Professional Services at Cybertrust, Inc where Mr. Lippman was responsible for managing and providing the strategic direction for the 135-person Professional Services organization. Mr. Lippman was responsible for overall profitability and growth. Mr. Lippman met with industry leaders on a regular basis to assist them in making security business decisions to enhance their business.
- Mr. Lippman is the lead MD on one of Protiviti’s largest financial institution clients focusing on IT Security Strategy, IT Security Controls and Vendor Management.
- Mr. Lippman manages the Mid-Atlantic Security & Privacy team and is actively engaged on both FSI and Government clients.
- Mr. Lippman is a regular speaker at MasterCard’s Merchant Training including PCI Compliance, Network Segmentation and Data Discovery held four times a year as well as webinar leader for PCI 360.
- Mr. Lippman has been a speaker for the past 4 years leading PCI Compliance for ChasePaymentech’s Level 1, 2 & 3 Merchants on a quarterly basis.
- Mr. Lippman is an active participant in the QSA community with deep relationships at MasterCard, Visa and the PCI SSC.
- Mr. Lippman regularly speaks at trade conferences and university panels including as a guest speaker at NYU’s Stern School of Business and American University’s Kogod School of Business on credit card security.
Areas of Expertise
- IT Security Strategy
- IT Security Risk Management
- Vendor Management
- PCI Compliance
- Project Management
- Financial Services
- Payment Processing
- Bachelor of Arts, Economics and Political Science – Univ. of Rochester
- Master of Science, Public Policy Analysis – Univ. of Rochester
- Master of Business Administration – The Wharton School, Univ. of Pennsylvania
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Payment Card Industry Qualified Security Assessor (PCI-QSA)
- Top Secret / SCI Clearance (dormant)