Landon is an Associate Director in Protiviti’s Healthcare Industry Practice and is a Healthcare Provider Revenue Cycle Leader and revenue integrity/data SME with over 12 years of experience in providing revenue cycle improvement/audit and compliance services across facility and physician settings with a significant focus in developing and implementing process improvements across the entire revenue cycle.
- Led multiple denials management reviews for major multi-hospital healthcare organizations and physician groups. Key procedures included comprehensive data analysis (including analysis of the 835 raw payer files) and operational and systems reviews throughout multiple entities and departments to identify business process and/or system improvement opportunities within existing operations that, when implemented, would lead to enhanced profitability and cash flow through a reduction of denied claims.
- Managed numerous internal audit business process, operations, and compliance reviews for hospital management companies and health systems, hospitals, joint ventures, physician clinics, and payers.
- Conducted multiple risk assessments for major health system providers which included facilitating and obtaining survey feedback, interviewing numerous key level executives and ultimately proposing and compiling the next year’s Audit Plan.
- Performed multiple quality of care metric audits to ensure proper measurement and reporting of key quality program metrics and implemented processes to improve reimbursement through programs such as VBP/P4P, HIQRP, HCAHPS, and HAC reduction.
- Led several charge master, patient access, charge capture, billing and collections, and denials management specific reviews as well as overall end to end revenue cycle assessments.
- Implemented a denials management program across a large physician group (over 800 providers).
- Executed multiple executive compensation reviews to ensure key metrics were met as reported. In addition, assessed the methodology for key performance indicators to be used in future years.
- Led several documentation efforts for both financial and operational areas and assisted business personnel in identifying primary controls. Documentation included process maps, narratives, and walkthrough examples.
- Led various types of enterprise performance improvement and value realization initiatives from both a design and result validation perspective to assist organizations in establishing sound methodologies that ensure the intended performance indicator result is measured and reported accurately.
Areas of Expertise
- Revenue Cycle
- Quality & Value Based Care
- Internal Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Physician Groups/Specialties
- Hospitals (acute/post-acute)
- Texas Tech University, BBA Finance
- Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
E-mail: [email protected]iti.com