Kyle is a Managing Director with Protiviti and leads Protiviti’s Quality Assessment Review practice. Prior to joining the Company in 2003, Kyle was a Manager with the Internal Audit Services Group for a regional accounting firm. He previously served as Senior Vice President and Director of Financial Audit Services for Summit Bancorp (formerly UJB Financial) before the company was acquired by FleetBoston Financial. At Summit, his responsibilities included financial and information systems audit.
Kyle has 30+ years of internal audit experience with extensive experience leading and managing internal audit outsource, co-source and internal departments to provide assurance on controls and governance and suggest business process improvement, cost containment, and re-engineering ideas.
Kyle is a member of the Board of Governors for the North Jersey Chapter of IIA, currently serving as Chairman of the Board. Kyle earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, and an MBA in Management of Data Processing, from Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, New Jersey. He is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (“CISA”), Certified Financial Services Auditor (“CFSA”) and has a Certification in Risk Management Assurance (“CRMA”). Kyle is a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and the Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA).
- Re-engineered an Internal Audit function in creating electronic work papers, automating audit programs, and establishing continuous audit applications to enable Internal Audit to do “more with less”.
- Managed IA transformation projects designed to enhance the quality of IA performance, better develop IA staff and do so more effectively and efficiently.
- Clients include healthcare, consumer products, life science and financial services companies performing internal audits, IT audits and SOX testing .
- Responsible for performing internal QA process for three IA departments.
- Performed Risk Assessments at clients to determine Internal Audit Universe.
- Extensive experience presenting Internal Audit reports to Audit Committees.
- Leader in the internal auditing profession. Currently serves on the Board of the North Jersey IIA Chapter.
- Managed 30+ projects designed to provide relevant documentation to clients in order to meet SOX requirements.
- Assisted in the development of Protiviti’s global Anti-Fraud program and methodology.
- Managed and conducted SAS70 reviews for clients.
- Protiviti Northeast regional Healthcare leader responsible for coordinating activities on healthcare projects.
- Protiviti EQA Practice Leader - performed 95 Quality Assessment reviews of Internal Audit functions for clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Quality Assessment Reviews
- Internal Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting
- MBA in Management of Data Processing - Fairleigh Dickinson University, Madison, NJ
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Certification in Risk Assurance (CRMA)
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Member of the Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA)