Kristin is a Director within the Internal Audit and Financial Advisory Solution of Protiviti with 13 years of consulting experience, focused on helping clients, across a range of industries, achieve their objectives related to Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance, internal controls, and internal audit.
- Led or assisted with various Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance engagements for a range of companies from non-accelerated filers to large accelerated files, including emerging growth companies. Experienced in the technology, life sciences, financial services and consumer products industries, with the following:
- Initial year SOX compliance and pre-IPO SOX readiness
- Business process manual controls, application controls, and information technology general controls
- Assessing financial reporting risks to determine in-scope processes and applications
- Documenting processes, risks and controls
- Evaluating design and operating effectiveness of key controls using the COSO 2013 framework
- Managing remediation efforts to address control gaps within required timelines
- Assessing control deficiencies at year-end
- Coordinating with management and external auditors to develop annual plan to test and evaluate ICFR and meet critical deadlines
- Developing and leading awareness trainings on internal controls and SOX compliance to both auditors and process owners
- Project Resource Manager for an internal audit co-sourcing engagement with a large, global financial services company. Responsibilities included working with client to identify resource needs, subsequently identifying qualified resources in timely manner, and managing all aspects of the onboarding process. For resources engaged, communicated with client personnel to ensure needs were met, ensured timely reporting of project hours and expenses and provided summary level reporting to senior management.
- Executed enterprise-wide risk assessments to assist management and the Board of Directors in identifying and prioritizing critical strategic and operational risks.
- Experience in executing internal operational audits in various process areas such as royalty programs, rebates, human resources, and leases.
- Participated in multiple internal audit quality assessment reviews in accordance with the IIA Standards.
Areas of Expertise
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Internal Audit
- Project Management
- Consumer Products
- Life Sciences
- Financial Services
- B.S. – Accounting, University of Delaware
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (inactive)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- IIA Accredited in Quality Assessment Reviews