Kisha M. Perkins is a Director in Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance practice and has more than 15 years of experience in the financial services industry. Kisha offers expertise on regulatory risk and compliance matters including regulatory program builds, regulatory gap analyses and process re-engineering. Kisha also has several years of experience designing and implementing compliance management systems. Prior to joining Protiviti, Kisha worked for a national consulting firm where she focused on consumer remediation and designing and implementing regulatory compliance programs focused on federal mortgage regulations. Kisha provided executive leadership and also served in various delivery and execution roles on several key projects in the mortgage and litigation areas.
- Served as the primary engagement Director for multi-year HMDA validation and remediation project. Credited with designing and implementing the outsourcing the HMDA quality control and testing functions.
- Engagement lead for multi-year project requiring HMDA testing and validation for a banking institution.
- Designed the methodology and led project teams to facilitate the review of foreclosure, loss mitigation and claims reviews.
- Led a project to design and implement a compliance management system for consumer and commercial lenders. Components of the system included compliance policies, procedures, compliance training, monitoring and testing.
- Led several teams to conduct CFPB readiness reviews on mortgage origination and servicing regulations at both bank and non-bank lenders and servicers.
- Served as the engagement director leading a team of managers and consultants in the development and execution for a co-sourced BSA/AML program.
- Led a team to assess the foreclosure, loss mitigation and bankruptcy procedures for a sub-prime servicer.
- Performed a manual file review of Adverse Action notices for a large national bank. Provided advisory support to draft the remediation plans.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk and Compliance
- Compliance Program Development
- Compliance Audit and Reviews
- Project and Program Management
- Remediation and Lookback Reviews
- Operational Risk
- Compliance Gap Analysis and Implementation Plans
- B.S. – Hampton University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certificate: ABA Graduate School of Compliance Risk Management
- Member: Women in Housing Finance
- ABA and MBA Member