Kevin McCreary is an Associate Director within the ERP Solutions practice. His primary focus is supporting organizations solve their business problems and manage risks within their ERP environments. Prior to joining Protiviti, Kevin worked for both a Big 4 and regional accounting firm.
Kevin also has extensive SOX and IT Audit experience. He has worked on and managed multiple SOX engagements from its inception with AS2 through the risk based modifications applied within AS5. Kevin is a member of the Protiviti SOX Champion team which is responsible for communicating trends to the Global Protiviti IA group and updating internal methodology accordingly.
- Managed the security design as part of a global Oracle EBS R12 implementation for a multi billion dollar medical devices company. The implementation included four phases across 10 countries and over 30 manufacturing and distribution facilities. As part of the implementation it included a divestiture, and the creation of a completely separate Oracle instance. The design supported seven business processes including order to cash, record to report, plan to make, and purchase to payables. The design resulted in only two responsibilities with internal security risks that were determined acceptable by management.
- Managed the implementation of Oracle Advanced Controls solutions for a multi-billion dollar media company. The implementation included all four advanced controls modules: AACG, CCG, PCG, and TCG. As part of the implementation we helped the company eliminate their security control issues. We also helped the company leverage the TCG solution to identify master data inconsistencies including duplicate entries, data gaps, and data integrity issues.
- Supported a multi billion dollar manufacturing company implement a security design methodology for their Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 implementation. We designed their segregation of duties risk framework, developed and implemented their requirements gathering, assessment, and modification processes, and trained the team to design the security roles on their own.
- Developed security policies and standards for a multi billion dollar biopharmaceuticals company. The security policies and standards would be the basis for their Oracle environment builds and would be applied across all Oracle EBS servers and applications. Security standards included key configurations at the database, operating system, and application layers. Assessed current environments for compliance with security standards and made recommendations for compliance.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- ERP Security
- Governance Risk and Compliance
- IT Risk Management
- IT General Controls
- Microsoft AX 2012
- Oracle EBS
- Pharma and Lifesciences
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Brewton Parker College – BBA, Computer Information Systems
- Georgia Southern University – MBA, Accounting
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS