Jon is a Director with Protiviti’s Capital Projects and Contracts practice in Atlanta, GA. Jon is a certified Project Management Professional, Certified Construction Auditor, and Certified Internal Auditor. He has significant amount of work experience in Protiviti’s Capital Projects and Contracts practice providing capital project process reengineering, project management, control implementation and contract review services.
Prior to joining the Protiviti team, Jon worked for one of the nation’s largest government and defense contractors where he was part of their Financial Leadership Development Program and specialized in program finance while supporting various cost and schedule integration and project management initiatives.
- Led a capital project management diagnostic and Project Management Office (“PMO”) design and implementation project for a global mining and chemical processing company.
- Led a project management process redesign project for a modular building company based in Vancouver, BC. The engagement included the assessment of current project management processes and the development of new project management and execution processes (including IT integration considerations).
- Led and executed a project controls implementation project for a large fertilizer manufacturer in Chicago, IL. Jon was responsible for the design and implementation of project control processes related to project reporting and forecasting, working capital management, and project risk management to manage over $4 billion of capital spend.
- Led and executed numerous capital project process diagnostic reviews to assess companies’ capabilities related to all aspects of capital project management (feasibility, planning, execution, post-completion, etc.), recommend opportunities to improve internal processes, and design future state processes and control mechanisms to manage and mitigate capital project risks.
- Led and executed numerous capital project contract review and cost recovery projects to review contract terms and conditions and perform procedures to identify and recover non-compliant charges and costs billed by contractors and vendors.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Performance Improvement
- Capital Projects & Contracts
- Internal Audit
- Industrial Products & Technology
- Chemical Processing
- Hospitality and Entertainment
- Insurance & Financial Services
- B.S.B.A. – Finance, University of Central Florida
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Project Management Institute – Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- National Association of Construction Auditors - Certified Construction Auditor (CCA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors – Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)