Joanne is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance Practice specializing in Financial Services. Joanne joined Protiviti with more than twenty-five years of experience in the Financial Services Industry and expertise in audit, regulatory compliance, credit risk management, retail, commercial and private bank lending. She has been involved in all three “lines of defense” in financial services and brings a unique perspective to our clients. She also has had myriad interactions with regulatory agencies as well as having responded to and validated compliance with enforcement actions.
Joanne joined Protiviti from a top ten tier Bank where she served as the Head of Compliance Internal Audit with responsibility for providing independent assurance of the organization’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Prior to her role as Head of Compliance Audit, Joanne was the Executive Vice President and Deputy Chief Compliance Officer for the North America subsidiary of a top tier global Financial Services organization. Previously, she held a variety of positions with the retail franchise of a global Financial Services organization culminating as Executive Vice President and Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer.
- Enterprise-wide Corporate Compliance: Led the effort to develop an enterprise-wide Compliance Program for a top ten global bank under regulatory orders. This effort included the development of a compliance risk infrastructure, including policies and procedures, risk assessments, monitoring and testing and training. The program build-out included leading a project to identify and assess the impact of various regulations across the organization as well as the implementation of a new GRC system to assess and report compliance risk.
- BSA/AML Audit: Led the transformation of a top ten bank holding company’s BSA/AML Audit Program, including the development of a specialized compliance risk assessment for audit planning; enhanced work programs; upgraded sampling and testing methodologies; and enhanced senior management reporting. This effort also included conducting various AML and OFAC related audits as well as validation of regulatory corrective actions.
- Consumer Compliance Audit: Led a team of audit professionals responsible for executing the annual consumer compliance audit plan at a top ten bank holding company. The audits were conducted across various business lines, including retail banking, consumer lending, mortgage, commercial lending and credit cards as well as the second line of defense.
- AML Remediation/Lookbacks: Led large teams (100+ staff/contractors) and executed multiple AML file review/lookback projects (alerts, CDD, EDD, production orders/subpoenas) for top ten global organizations in the US and Canada.
- Fraud Investigations: Led a large scale team performing fraud investigation reviews and identifying and implementing process enhancements for a top five global financial services organization.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Compliance Audit
- Consumer Compliance
- Corporate Compliance
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM)
- Member, American Bankers Association