Jeremy has over 15 years of experience performing a variety of internal audits and external audits for institutions operating in a variety of industries. These assignments have included performing process and controls reviews, financial statement close process reviews, internal audits, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) documentation review and testing, and other agreed upon procedures for public and non-public companies. Prior to joining Protiviti, Jeremy worked at EY serving their assurance and business advisory services practices.
- Planned and executed several external audits for various institutions. Responsible for executing and overseeing the execution of audit procedures to validate the completeness and accuracy of the financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Responsible for identifying the key risks, documenting process flows and key internal controls to mitigate those risks, and concluding on the overall internal control environment.
- Lead engagements to assist companies with external audit support to ensure that financial records, reporting, and control testing were completed in accordance with external audit standards. Provided assistance with remediation efforts associated with financial misstatements and control weaknesses to support internal certification and external audit requirements.
- Lead several initiatives to assess the adequacy and efficiency of financial close and reporting processes. Provided recommendations and support to implement leading industry practices to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of financial reporting.
- Supported an institution with the integration of several acquired companies to ensure that the organizations were successfully integrated into service platforms, control frameworks, and existing SOX programs. Responsible for reviewing the integration plan, consolidation, documenting processes and controls at acquired companies, and providing solutions to management to effectively integrate the acquired companies.
- Developed risk-based audit solutions for several public and non-public companies to align audit efforts with company-specific risks and initiatives, while ensuring audit effectiveness and efficiency. These efforts included identifying the audit universe, completing risk assessments, and developing an audit approach to mitigate risks.
- Assisted institutions with the adoption of SOX and ongoing compliance with SOX requirements. Responsible for reviewing the process documentation and control effectiveness for significant processes. Assisted companies with the development of risk and control matrices identifying the key risks and controls identified as part of the SOX program. Worked closely with organizations to refine SOX programs to improve program efficiency with changes in PCAOB Audit Standards.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit / Financial Controls
- Compliance Management
- Project Management
- Process & Operational Risk Management
- Financial Services (Banking, Brokerage, Insurance)
- MSA – Masters of Science Accountancy – University of Virginal – Charlottesville, VA
- BBA – Finance, Investments, and Banking University of Wisconsin, Madison
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (Inactive)
- Professional Risk Managers International Association (PRMIA)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)