Jeremiah is a Director in Protiviti’s Internal Audit & Financial Advisory practice with over 11 years of experience in helping clients solve complex and key business problems related to risk, controls, and process improvements. Jeremiah is also a part of Protiviti’s Financial Services Industry (FSI) practice where he has spent the majority of his career helping FSI clients with internal audit, regulatory compliance, operational improvement, and project management support related projects. Jeremiah has also completed projects related to risk assessments, enterprise risk management, and Quality Assessment Reviews while obtaining is CIA, CAMS, and Six Sigma Green Belt Certifications.
- Led diverse teams ranging from three to thirty resources on high risk and complex Anti-Money Laundering engagements focused on clients’ regulatory and operational objectives. Demonstrated communication across multiple business lines and across all lines of defense (e.g., 1st, 2nd, and 3rd) to achieve organizational goals.
- Performed comprehensive reviews of end-to-end processes such as Anti-Money Laundering programs, Compliance assessments, Mortgage Operations, year-one DFAST reviews, initial and on-going SOX compliance reviews, etc.. Reported results to executive team members through regular performance updates and status reports.
- Completed numerous Consent Order and other regulatory related remediation project such as lookbacks and validation related projects for OCC regulated banks.
- Managed resources from multiple office locations (in-person and remote) while ensuring quality and timely completion of key audit and project deliverables. Developed strong communication skills by coordinating across different lines of defense, and reporting results to various parties such as executive management, internal stakeholders, regulators, and external auditors.
- Performed numerous high priority projects that required diligent project management, effective communication, and frequent contact with business line leaders, process owners, and executive management. Examples include IA Quality Assurance Reviews, Enterprise Risk management assessments, model validation reviews using SR 11-7 guidance, staffing assessments, and general process assessments.
- Proficient in using key control frameworks such as COSO 2013, International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF), OCC Heightened Standards for Large Banks, and COBIT. Consistently performed research on new regulatory trends, requirements, and leading practices.
- Led an Internal Audit Risk Assessment validation effort for a mid-sized bank to determine if the risk assessment methodology addressed regulatory feedback and industry trends. Reviewed and assessed all components of the risk assessment methodology, compared the methodology to the Bank’s ERM methodology, and reviewed the tools and calculations utilized to complete the risk assessment for completeness and accuracy.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit & Financial Advisory
- BSA/AML Compliance
- Regulatory Risk
- Project Management
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Accredited in IIA - Quality Assessment
- Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)