Jeff is a Managing Director in Orlando with 19 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, internal audit and financial advisory consulting, and financial planning and analysis. Jeff leads Protiviti’s Internal Audit and Financial Advisory practice for the Southeastern United States, including Charlotte, Atlanta, Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa, and Orlando. Jeff has worked with numerous insurance clients over his career, including AssuredPartners, Hannover Re, Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund, Sagicor, Neace Lukens, Dawson Companies, SKCG, Herbert L. Jamison & Co., AHM Financial Group, Shifman Remley Associates, MCM, AirSure, and Tobias Insurance Group, Inc.
Jeff is a CPA in the State of Florida and holds Masters and Bachelors of Science degrees in Accounting from Wake Forest University. He has been a guest speaker on business, accounting, and career related topics at the University of Florida, Rollins College, the University of Central Florida, the IIA, and the IMA. Jeff is accredited in Internal Audit Quality Assessment Validation, allowing him to conduct Quality Assurance reviews as required by the IIA Professional Standards.
- Jeff has served more than 25 public companies over the course of his career and has helped numerous clients comply with US public company requirements by advising on corporate governance, developing or improving internal audit, developing internal control infrastructure, evaluating IT infrastructure and financial reporting needs, and standardizing reporting processes.
- Clients include a $7B Fortune 500 restaurant company, a $4B global theme parks and resorts company, an $800M insurance broker, a global reinsurance company, four REITs and two Business Development Companies with SEC reporting requirements, and a $4B homebuilder.
- Significant experience reviewing and developing financial infastructure for insurance brokerage entities acquired within a high growth, acquisitive business model.
- Started internal audit departments for numerous companies and managed hundreds of internal audit and business process consulting projects covering finance, accounting, operations, compliance, and IT.
- Led strategic planning, development of team, and creation of an internal audit and financial advisory practice in the Carolinas.
- Led more than 40 annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance projects for SEC registrants.
- Led a quality review of a 26-person internal audit department at an $11B bank.
- Co-wrote two 40-hour training courses for Protiviti managers and consultants and a 40-hour Protiviti milestone training program for senior consultants.
- Facilitated more than 20 Protiviti Internal Audit and Consulting training schools in the US and China and four schools for Protiviti’s annual internship program, ranked a top 50 internship program by BusinessWeek Magazine.
- Facilitated Protiviti’s Mastering Business Relationships course for new managers and directors.
- Supervised and executed external audits of numerous SEC registrants including the Walt Disney Company, Tupperware, Dixon Ticonderoga, and Planet Hollywood International.
- Led the development of accounting and finance policies and procedures for an SEC registered, development stage company and for a cable TV network.
Areas of Expertise
Financial Services and Insurance
Hospitality, Restaurant, Retail
MS Accounting – Wake Forest
BS Accounting – Wake Forest
Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
Professional Memberships and Certifications
Board of Directors, Children’s Home Society of Central Florida
Accounting Advisory Board, University of Central Florida
Board of Governors, CFIIA
Leadership Council, Junior Achievement of Central Florida
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Jeffrey Tecau