Jason is a Senior Manager in Protiviti’s Data Management and Advanced Analytics Consulting group. With over 15 years experience in analytics, Jason has provided thought leadership across a broad functional spectrum including accounts payable, strategic finance FP&A, corporate marketing, product management, sales, credit risk/compliance, data governance, and call center/IVR. He has a proven ability to liaise between business and technology, assess strengths and weaknesses, and appropriately engage and motivate diverse resources to accomplish complex strategic and operational objectives.
- Accounts Payable Analysis: Jason backwards engineered an ERP system’s accounts payable reports to provide focused analysis to help a client identify pain points in invoice processing causing credit holds. Inspected database reporting procedure packages and interpreted an undocumented backend data model to reconstruct and enrich new reports using a SQL Server data mart copy of the ERP data. Created complex SQL views used to create robust data visualizations using Tableau and Spotfire.
- Data Warehouse: Jason led a team responsible for converting retail point of sale transactions from disparate SAS datasets into a newly designed data model in Teradata. The project involved working within the business to understand use cases, establish data relationships, and coordinate with IT to properly data model and construct ETL processes to optimize data quality. Rollout included data validation with the retailer and end-user analyst training. The delivered database dramatically decreased time-to-insight of credit card penetration analysis on retail sales.
- Data Governance Assessment: Jason provided to internal audit an advisory assessment and recommendations for a credit union’s data governance practices and roadmap, including organizational structures, control activities, and monitoring activities against strategic objectives and industry best practices. Industry models, such as Enterprise Data Management (EDM) Council and Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA DMBOK) were referenced during the assessment.
- Executive Insights: Jason integrated disparate atomic level data and aggregated to high level summaries. He analyzed the summarized data in terms of an executive audience and formulated a storyline with succinct visualizations into “1-pager” PowerPoint briefings, a combination of art and science.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Analysis/Integration (SAS, SQL)
- Business Intelligence (Tableau, PowerBI)
- Data Modeling (Oracle DBA)
- SAS, Oracle, DB2, Teradata, SQL Svr
- Data Quality (IBM, SAS)
- Data Governance
- Master, Reference Data Management
- Financial Services/ Banking
- B.S. – Engineering Science & Mechanics, Virginia Tech
- MBA – Emory University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- EDM Council, DCAM Foundations Accredited