Jason has over 20 years of experience in risk-based internal controls and process reviews, business process outsourcing, business consulting engagements, contract compliance audit services, SOX compliance services, and best practice analyses for clients in the consumer products, technology, manufacturing, distribution, and healthcare industries. His overall experience includes over five years with a "Big 5" public accounting firm, performing external and internal audit, and business consulting services.
Jason was an outsourced corporate controller for a technology company, responsible for assisting Client with the ERP implementation, implementing close-the-books and financial statement processes, generating management financial reporting and overall board presentations.
Jason provides leadership in the Protiviti Salt Lake City office by directing a team of over 25 full-time consultants and serves over 50 clients in the West Region market.
He works directly with the CFO, Chief Compliance Officer, Audit Committee and other members of Executive Management.
- Directs various Protiviti resources who represent the clients' outsourced or co-sourced internal audit function. Annually, the team works with management to develop a risk-based plan, coordinates with key executives and other process owners, and reports to the Audit Committee on the completion of the company's internal audits and other consulting services.
- Directed the efforts of the client's SOX implementation, including the documentation, testing and remediation procedures of over six significant locations, including full-scope SOX procedures in Russia, Japan, Mexico, and Venezuela.
- Directed a multi-year business process outsourcing engagement at a Fortune 100 company, including leveraging a team of over 40 full-time resources to support critical accounting, finance, retail, SOX, and other business processes.
- Managed the SOX Section 404 compliance services at a $2 billion distribution client, evaluating client strategies, operations, and business performances to identify, prioritize, document and test key business risks.
- Performed analysis of critical processes at several clients, including benchmarking current practices against best control / process procedures. Assisted management and the Board in establishing action steps for implementation of recommendations.
- Performed enterprise risk management services at over six clients, working directly with senior management, Audit Committee, and Board to prioritize and align enterprise risk with operations, strategy, reporting and compliance.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit Outsourcing / Co-Sourcing
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Operational Process Effectiveness
- Outsourced Accounting Services
- Consumer Products and Retail
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Brigham Young University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of CPAs (AICPA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
- Former Vice President, Sacramento Chapter of the Institute of Internal Auditors