Jared is a Director in Protiviti’s Risk and Compliance solution, based out of Cincinnati. He has over 20 years experience in Accounting and Finance. Jared has specialized in operational accounting and auditing as well as ERP system implementation and business process design in the areas of Cost Accounting, Miscellaneous Sales and Receivables , Fixed Assets and Capital Spending, General Ledger, Marketing Support Activities, and Budgeting and Forecasting.
While with Protiviti, Jared has led and executed engagements pertaining to Finance Transformation – financial close acceleration and governance, revenue recognition, chart of account re-design, fixed asset solution design, budgeting and forecasting solution design – all with specific focus in process optimization and integration. Additionally, Jared has led Public Company Readiness, Sarbanes-Oxley, J-SOX, Data Management, Internal Audit design and large scale complex audits.
- Jared was the PMO and day to day lead for a 27k hour validation of a SCRA look back component of Consent Order at a global, multi-billion dollar financial institution. In this role, Jared led a multi-site team of over 50 resources (11 direct reports), comprised of a mix of client and Protiviti resources. Jared performed audit planning, managed project execution and project management oversight (weekly status reports, escalation of issues, audit leadership reporting, team management, project budgeting and forecasting). Additionally, Jared was responsible for the review of ~140 workpapers focused on identification of eligible population and the remediation thereof.
- Jared was part of 4 member PMO team at a multi-billion dollar financial institution, supporting 130 resources across workstreams as the bank optimized critical processes and fully documented their regulatory and non-regulatory requirements and controls environment. Jared was responsible for daily interaction with workstreams and weekly reporting to senior management. He also was responsible for coordination of multiple deep dive reviews with senior management as well as all supporting materials. Jared led the standing up of step change success metrics for each of the 26 workstreams, both standard metrics as well as specific to the workstream metrics.
- Jared re-designed processes in the Record-to-Report business cycle for a company that recently implemented Oracle EBS. Redesign included identifying leading practices in the areas of Fixed Asset management, period end close, consolidations, and budgeting & forecasting; working with client personnel to develop designs in line with the leading practices, Oracle’s capabilities (Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management, Oracle AGIS and iAssets) and the client’s needs.
- Jared led an Internal Audit strategic re-positioning project at a large publicly traded insurance company. As a part of the project, Jared developed and delivered recommendations specific to organization design and prioritized talent scouting and development. Also provided benchmarking data and recommendations related to the role of Data Analytics and continuous monitoring in Internal Audit.
- Jared led a team of six in readying a company for an initial public offering. In the role of PMO, Jared was responsible for the creation of the overall project plan, identifying all steps, both financials and non-financials related, to take the company from its current state, including reviewing critical accounting policies against FASB requirements and development of the S-1. Jared led the development of critical accounting policy position papers, coordinating team efforts with Management and external auditor. Jared was the main point of contact for the client, interfacing with external auditors, valuation firms and the deal team.
Areas of Expertise
- Finance Process Optimization
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Financial Services
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Energy and Utilities
- University of Cincinnati – dual BBA, Accounting & Finance
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors