As organizations continue to evolve their risk governance practices, focused and relevant information about emerging risks is at a premium. The objective of Protiviti’s PreView newsletter is to provide an input for these efforts as companies focus on risks that are developing in the market. In each issue, we discuss emergent topics and look back at prior topics discussed to help organizations understand how these issues are evolving and anticipate their potential ramifications.
This issue’s topics focus on the rise of viral outbreaks, the opportunities that drones offer, the implications of the growing volatility of natural resources and the key risks of autonomous vehicles. Additionally, we revisit the risks associated with the accessibility of the internet worldwide and the possibilities of blockchain technology. As you review this issue, we encourage you to think about your organization and ask probing questions: How will these risks affect us? What should we do now to prepare? Is there an opportunity we should pursue?
Our framework for evaluation of these risks is rooted in the global risk categories designed by the World Economic Forum. Throughout this series, we will continue to use these categories as a framework for classifying macro-level topics and the challenges they present.
We are very interested in your feedback. We plan to continue the conversation on emerging risks on our blog. “The Protiviti View” (blog.protiviti.com) and on our microsite (www.protiviti.com/emergingrisks). We welcome your input and comments.
Inside This Issue
- Drones and the Opportunities They Offer Page 2
- Blockchain: A Groundbreaking Disruptive Technology or a Passing Fad? Page 4
- The Evolution of Autonomous Vehicles Page 7
- Viral Outbreaks: The Risks of Pandemic and Panic Page 10
- Global Volatility of Natural Resources and China’s Influence Page 12
- The Next Billion: Bringing the Internet to the Rest of the World Page 15
- On the Radar Page 18
- Where to Learn More Page 19
- The Protiviti View – Continuing the Conversation on Our Blog Page 21
- About Protiviti Page 21