Welcome to the Q3 edition of Industry Insights for Energy.
On a quarterly basis we dive into the latest trends and topics. Our team has curated industry news, insights and resources to help you and your team keep forging ahead in 2021.
Today, we celebrate our clients and all those working hard across the oil and gas industry. On August 27, 1858, Edwin L. Drake became the first person to use piping to drill for oil. As the industry has evolved immensely over the last 160 years, the issues that face the industry also continue to evolve and present new challenges. Protiviti can help the industry face those challenges with confidence and thrive in the midst of accelerating change.
Market Outlook — Trends and Opportunities in the Industry
The energy industry has entered the 2021 equivalent of the space race, as companies feel immense pressure from all directions — the federal administration’s upcoming American Jobs Plan, and customers, to name a couple — to work toward carbon neutrality. Whether your company intends to invest in renewables or in the research and development needed to create the technology for lessening carbon impact, diversification is key, and the result will be a reputational boost for you.
- A Once-in-a-Generation Opportunity to Transform the Energy Industry
- 2021 Offers U.S. Oil and Gas Firms Challenges Laced With Opportunities
- Top Risks for 2021 and 2030 – Energy and Utilities Industry Perspectives
- IT Audit’s Perspectives on the Top Technology Risks in Energy & Utilities for 2021
The Push for Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Initiatives
The expectations of regulators, investors and consumers regarding environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives for public companies have been mounting for some time, but they are also gaining traction in the private company arena, where more companies and investors are discovering that prioritizing ESG efforts can create value and improve their competitive advantage. ESG reporting presents an opportunity for companies to share what they are doing to sustain the long-term value creation aligned with the interests of shareholders while also addressing the interests of customers, employees, suppliers and the communities in which they operate.
- The Accelerating Imperative of ESG: How Private Equity Players Can Kickstart Their Sustainability Journey
- CFOs: Let’s Have an Honest Conversation About Supply Chain ESG
- In Mergers and Acquisitions, ESG Issues Are Becoming a Growing Factor
- Leveraging ESG Principles to Build a Sustainable Supply Chain (Webcast)
- 10 ESG Reporting Questions Directors Should Consider
Organizations should be prepared to detect, prevent, respond to, recover from and learn from operational disruptions that may impact important business functions or services. Over the last quarter, we have seen ransomware threats and cyber attacks that yielded devastating effects.
- Ransomware Crisis: 11 Actions to Secure Critical Infrastructure
- Are You in the Ransomware Sweet Spot?
- CISOs and COVID-19: Lessons Learned, Current Challenges, Looking Ahead
- Managing the Risk of Emerging Technology Is Today (Webcast)
- Research Shows High Digital Maturity Can Be a Critical Driver for Next-Gen Audit
Protiviti recently hosted a virtual roundtable discussion with CISOs in the oil and gas industry. Utilizing design thinking methodologies, the group discussed how the security space and role of the CISO will evolve in the next five years. Interested to learn "your CISO type" and what your future holds? Take this brief survey to find out!
Register to attend an upcoming live webinar or browse through our library of on-demand webinar recordings. Upcoming webinars include:
- Migrating Microsoft AX 2012 to Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations | Sept 16
- Preparing for the Threat of Quantum on Cryptography | Sept 22
- Hindsight to Insight - Transforming Your Culture and Conduct Risk Programs | Sept 23
- Reimagining the Employee Experience with Microsoft Viva | Sept 28
- Preparing for Cyber Disruption: The Future State of Ransomware | Oct 5
- Supply Chain Security: Managing Third-Party Risk in the Cloud Ecosystem | Oct 7