Indre is a Director with Protiviti focusing on Credit Risk and Internal Audit. She offers widespread experience in credit risk management strategies, operational design and analysis of Credit Review functions, internal audit, commercial lending, credit cards, and consumer products. Indre also has extensive experience working on credit risk and audit engagements mid to large sized institutions.
- Led and performed multiple Credit Review engagements focusing on reviewing new and existing commercial loans, including real estate, construction, agriculture, equipment leasing and government guaranteed loans. Procedures include analyzing data for a risk-based sample selection approach, comparing loan files against organization’s policies and procedures, and evaluating performance and assessing appropriateness of risk rating. In addition, utilizing loan review results developed loss scenarios based on portfolio segments and risk ratings to determine estimated losses for potential acquisitions.
- Led multiple independent assessments of credit review functions, either in an internal audit or consulting capacity, at multiple regional, national, and global banking institutions. Work with organization’s to improve their credit review governance framework, processes, reporting and/or data analysis/systems.
- Led a process reengineering project for a $150B organization focusing on consumer and commercial loan review processes and methodologies. Work included a gap assessment of all front and back end processes, and review of existing governance structure. Results of the gap assessment led to the design and implementation of a new organizational model, revised management and Board reporting, risk-based review approach, development of policies and procedures, and implementation of a proprietary system solution.
- Managed the design and implementation of a proprietary Credit Review system solution used as a centralized repository and reporting tool to analyze completed credits by specific risk pools, assess overall credit quality and manage specific credits of interest.
- Managed the assessment and validation of ALLL methodology and model used by a $4.5B financial institution. Assessment standards align with regulatory and leading practices across financial services industry.
- Managed an independent assessment of a Top 25 Bank’s Credit Review function. The engagement included an evaluation of the Credit Review function’s organizational structure, charter, reporting lines, operational processes and methodologies.
- Managed several regional audits for a $200bn captive finance company and assisted in scoping, documenting and testing consumer finance processes. Procedures included testing bank policies and procedures for the underwriting of new consumer credits against actual practice and testing the loan processing function against bank policy.
- Led an assessment of the operations supporting an $180B banking institution’s $7B securitization transaction portfolio, including deal origination, structuring, portfolio monitoring and funding operations. Recommended efficiency improvements and changes to operational control infrastructure.
Areas of Expertise
- Credit Risk
- Internal Audit
- Model Governance
- Commercial & Consumer Lending
- B.A. Finance and Computer Information Systems – Bradley University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, Global Association of Risk Professionals