Heather Eastham is a Director in the Protiviti South Florida practice and the local lead for Managed Business Services projects. Heather has over 12 years of experience leading large outsourcing engagements across a wide range of industries. Additionally, Heather collaborates with South Florida’s Robert Half divisions.
In a project leadership role, she has engagement experience developing and coordinating execution of project work plans across global teams, executing special projects, and coordinating with clients’ external audit teams. Heather has extensive experience serving as a liaison to management, including development of project timelines, tracking project status against critical deadlines, reviewing work products, and analyzing risks and deficiencies to develop solutions and draft remediation plans.
- As the client engagement manager at multiple South Florida public companies, managed the internal SOX compliance process across global teams. Led the planning and scoping activities, walkthroughs and control design analysis for key processes, and testing efforts for hundreds of key controls. Evaluated control deficiencies, coordinated with the external auditors, and helped prepare Management's aggregated deficiencies analysis.
- Managed internal audit outsourced and co-sourced engagements for various companies in South Florida. Activities included overall project management, preparation of Audit Committee reports and coordination with external auditors, planning and scoping projects, leading client interviews, preparing walkthrough and flow chart documentation, identifying controls, creating and evaluating risk and controls matrices, developing and executing tests, identifying deficiencies and improvement opportunities, and developing audit reports.
- Led efforts to complete enterprise-wide internal audit risk assessments for various companies including several multi-billion dollar financial institutions, a private higher education institution, a national homebuilder and a multi-million dollar not-for-profit organization.
- Led Quality Assessments of the Internal Audit Function (including both full-scope external quality assessments and self-assessment validations) for various organizations. Performed sample audit workpaper reviews, conducted interviews and surveys of executive management and staff, performed benchmarking of the audit function, and compiled results into the final assessment deliverable.
Areas of Expertise
- Managed Business Services
- Internal Audit Services
- Financial Advisory
- Financial Services
- Retail / E-Commerce
- Real Estate
- B.S. - Finance, Florida State University
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Financial Services Auditor (CFSA)
- Accredited by the IIA in Internal Audit Quality Assessment and Validation
- Member, The Institute of Internal Auditors