Gregg is an Associate Director in Protiviti’s Data Management and Advanced Analytics Consulting group. Gregg has earned a Master of Science as well as a BS in Decision and Information Sciences from the University of Florida. Gregg has over eleven years consulting and audit experience; leading projects and working closely with Senior Management. Since employment with Protiviti, Gregg has worked on several Data Management projects, with a focus on Data Governance, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence. Gregg has also worked with clients in the following efforts: process improvement and re-designs, IT effectiveness and control assessments, IT strategy, shared services benchmarking and data analysis, as well as IT and business process Audit.
- Data Controls and Reconciliation Reviews: Gregg has lead efforts focused on data and reporting integrity for several financial, insurance (reinsurance and mutual), and healthcare clients. Execution responsibilities including documenting, testing, and recommending control improvements for key data processes and operational applications. Gregg had identified key data sets (source of record and input) and evaluated data management practices for data transformation rules, transmission (load and process controls), reconciliation and data quality controls across multiple interfaces and systems.
- Data Governance (Initialization and Review): For multiple clients, Gregg had worked to establish, re-establish or review a Data Governance program within the Financial Services and Healthcare industries. In an effort to create and acknowledge a governing authority for managing data across IT and the organization, Gregg assisted the client with developing policy, procedure, and charter documentation with a focus on data quality, integrity, classification, metadata, security, and process efficiency optimization. Implementation of the program also included participating in communication and training activities to ensure new roles and responsibilities were well-known throughout the enterprise. Gregg has worked with clients to define “Data Entities” and documented key characteristics of Master Data. Other additional assistance related to the creation of future state Data Governance / Data Management strategies related to data quality, data lineage, reference data, master data management, technical metadata and business data dictionaries.
- Data Analysis and Data Management: Gregg has served several clients within Financial Services and Healthcare in a data analysis capacity utilizing SQL queries, ACL, Microsoft Access and Excel software packages. Data analysis projects consist of definition, re-calculation and validation of financial business rules, inventory valuation, vendor master records and other operational reconciliation.
- M.S. – Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida
- B.S. – Decision and Information Sciences, University of Florida
Professional Memberships and Certification
- Certified Information Systems Auditor
- Member, ISACA
- Member, Institute of Internal Auditors
- Member, EDM Council
Areas Of Expertise
- Data Governance
- Data Analytics
- Business Intelligence
- Internal Audit
- Data and IT Strategy
- Financial Services