Gordon Braun is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Minneapolis office. For the last eighteen years, Gordon has been providing consulting services across several industries and many of Protiviti’s solutions. Gordon is an active leader of our Central Area internal audit and financial advisory practice and has a particular focus on assisting clients with the management of business risks associated with the deployment and maintenance of technology. He has been a Protiviti Market Leader in the Kansas City office and previously lead Protiviti’s Global IT Audit Solution. Gordon has presented at dozens of regional and national events, including Protiviti webinars, national conferences, SAP conferences, and multiple universities across the Midwest. Gordon also serves on multiple non-profit boards .
- Managing Director responsible for the execution of dozens of consulting engagements across many industries – Protiviti Solutions include: Business Performance Improvement, Risk and Compliance, Technology Consulting, Transaction Services, and Internal Audit and Financial Advisory.
- Served as the leader of multiple Internal Audit outsourcing and co-sourcing arrangements across a variety of industries. Executed enterprise wide risk assessments for more than ten different companies and developed multiple risk based audit plans. Responsible for scoping, planning, execution, reporting, and Audit Committee reporting.
- Responsible for the IT audit function of a multiple organizations. Responsibilities included: IT risk assessment, IT audit calendar plan and schedule, scoping of individual IT audits, and execution and reporting of IT audits. Managed execution of more than one hundred IT audit projects.
- Leader of dozens of SAP, Oracle, and PeopleSoft application security, process controls, and data integrity assessments using Protiviti’s Assure suite of software. Assessment activities include planning/ scoping, data extraction, analysis, and report preparation at both a detailed and executive summary level. Project lead for multiple, large application security remediation and re-design programs.
- Served in the Project Management Office of multiple Sarbanes-Oxley compliance teams. Areas of responsibility included: planning and scoping, documentation and design of process and IT general controls, testing, control deficiency remediation assistance, control optimization project management, and the development of management and steering committee reporting formats content.
- Project lead for multiple IT strategy assessments. Projects typically include gaining an understanding of the overall organization strategy, then determining how all components of the IT organization, including structure, process, technology and people, are organized/ aligned with the business to support objectives.
- Project manager for multiple Governance, risk, and compliance (GRC) application implementation and configuration projects across multiple industries. Responsibilities included: scoping, resource management, project planning, business/IT coordination and communication, technical design, training, implementation, testing, report development and process design/engineering.
- Leader of multiple project teams that have integrated with system integrators to ensure security and controls are built into the end-state solution. Facilitated process owner meetings, design sessions and controls workshops. Documented risk and control matrices to capture key control points throughout blueprinting, realization, go-live and post go-live support.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Process Improvement and Effectiveness
- Project Risk Management
- IT Governance and Process Improvement
- Internal Audit and IT Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
- MBA, Finance/Economics, University of Chicago Booth School of Business
- BA, English/Computer Applications, University of Notre Dame
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT)
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Gordon Braun