George is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s San Francisco Office with responsibility for the firm’s Financial Services Industry (FSI) practice activity with key clients. Prior to joining the office he was responsible for the firm’s Financial Services practice in Asia Pacific where he was also the firm’s Global Accounts Leader for the region.
As part of the firm’s Financial Services practice George works closely with the firm’s banking, insurance and asset management clients in the region as well as globally to advise and support them in the execution of their home and global market strategies. Prior to joining the APAC management team, George served for seven years as a Managing Director and Protiviti’s Washington DC Office Market Lead. In that role he helped grow the firm’s business and IT consulting practices as well is its Internal Audit practice in the Metro DC, Virginia and Maryland markets. During that time he also led Protiviti’s Private Equity and Venture Capital consulting business.
- From 2015 to 2017 George led Protiviti’s Financial Services Practice in Asia Pacific, growing the firm’s client relationships, solution capability and leadership team in Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Australia. In that role he had overall responsibility for the firm’s work with its regional and global banking, asset management, insurance and Fintech clients completing significant consulting, risk management, regulatory advisory, technology consulting and internal audit roles. He also lead the expansion of the firm’s FSI leadership organization in APAC, deepening the firm’s global FSI leadership team.
- Since joining the firm in 2005, George has worked as a part of the Protiviti’s Financial Services practice, taking overall responsibility for the firm’s private equity and venture capital business from 2005 to 2015. In that role he worked with firm’s large and medium sized private equity and alternative investment clients leading significant IT, business change and risk management consulting assignments. Clients included Blackstone, Carlyle, Kohlberg & Co., TH Lee, Fortress, Madison Dearborn, Ontario Teachers, Sun Capital, Norwest Equity Partners, and Evercore, among others.
- Prior to Protiviti, was President of Covanta Power International, an international energy holding company. Had overall responsibility for the operating, management, financial, and investment performance of the company and its 12 principal operating and equity investments located in eight countries in Asia, Europe and Latin America. Along with the CEO was principally responsible to investors for planning and executing the restructuring of the company.
- Senior financial executive for a mid-sized independent power development company where he co-led the company’s Asian development, investment, construction and operations activities spanning six countries in Asia. Developed a senior leadership team that together constructed, refurbished, acquired and operated over 1200MW of power and related energy infrastructure facilities. Managed the investment in and implementation of over $950MM of debt and equity in facilities that were built on-time and achieved or exceeded target operating performance.
- Led the energy mergers and acquisitions advisory practice in the power and pipelines industries for J.P. Morgan & Co. Inc. Responsible for advising on over $2Bn in transactions with a core group of clients in the U.S., Asia and Latin America.
Areas of Expertise
- Risk Management
- Financial Services
- Asset Management
- Private Equity
- Investment Banking
- Manufacturing, Distribution & Technology
- A.B. – Honors Economics, Tufts University