Webinar: Managing Credit Risk and Mitigating Losses through a Crisis and Beyond
In today's environment, spurred by and rapidly changing due to the COVID-19 global pandemic, governments and regulatory authorities across the world, have acted quickly to provide economic relief for consumers and businesses that are most impacted. While lending organizations are moving quickly to operationalize changes to address the crisis, proactive institutions are also looking ahead. Long after relief programs have ended, those who have considered the risks and longer-term impacts will be best positioned coming out of the current crisis and beyond.
Following this webinar, you will be able to:
- Discuss vulnerabilities created by the crisis and government action to assist borrowers and lenders, such as:
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Regulatory guidance updates on Troubled Debt Restructures (TDRs)
- Assess near and long-term actions to support borrowers while mitigating credit risk and potential losses during the government support period and beyond
- Evaluate the financial impact on credit portfolios and understand how to incorporate related scenarios into forecasts that flow into Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) and stress testing models
- Bill Byrnes, Managing Director, Protiviti
- Ariste Reno, Managing Director, Protiviti
- Todd Pleune, Managing Director, Protiviti
- Benjamim Shiu, Director, Protiviti
No prerequisites required. Level: Basic. Field of study: Management Services. Instruction delivery method: Group Internet Based.
Protiviti is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org. For more information regarding refund, concerns, and program cancellation policies, please contact the CPE Administrator at [email protected].
1 CPE credit available for live attendees only. Not available On Demand.