Webinar Series - Register Now!
Webinar Series - Register Now!
Register for one or all of the following webinars
Webinar 1: No Stone Unturned: Key Considerations for Finalizing CECL Model Implementation & Validation
Date: Wednesday, May 01, 2019 | Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time | Duration: 1 hour
With the initial December deadline looming under the Financial Accounting Standards Board's Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL) standard, institutions are currently in the throes of finalizing their models, performing validation and testing, conducting parallel runs and completing documentation. That said, key quantitative modeling and qualitative framework considerations remain that need to be carefully considered, supported and documented to ensure a successful implementation. Attend this session to measure your organization's CECL implementation progress against industry best practices and become better equipped to comply with the new standard.
- Identify the key components of an effective CECL model implementation framework and factors contributing to success
- Review current model validation challenges that institutions are encountering
- Discuss the importance of incorporating the Qualitative Factor Framework (QFF) in the forecast
- Examine the areas of CECL model risk related to internal controls / SOX
Webinar 2: A Road Map to the Transition from LIBOR to SOFR
Date: Thursday, May 09, 2019 | Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time | Duration: 1 hour
As a result of rate-fixing scandals and overall inefficiencies, the London Interbank Offered Rate (LIBOR) which is used to set pricing for over $200 trillion in financial products is being replaced after 2021. The Secured Overnight Financing Rate (SOFR) is emerging as a top contender for the alternative in the US but replacing such an integral component of financial services operations leaves many questions. How will organizations plan for the transition? What are the overarching implications? Join this session to better understand what the LIBOR transition will mean for your institution and proactive steps that can be taken to accelerate transition plans.
- Discuss the factors contributing to LIBOR replacement and define the implications of transitioning to SOFR
- Outline a timeline for transition and identify key areas of prioritization (i.e. inventorying of contracts, impact assessment, etc.)
- Describe common pitfalls and challenges of the transition across front, middle, and back offices
- Discover how the use of innovative technologies can accelerate the transition
Webinar 3: Validating AI Machine Learning Models
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 2019 | Time: 02:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time | Duration: 1 hour
The potential of artificial intelligence and machine learning (ML) to deliver value to financial institutions has created something of a gold rush in adopting this methodology for applications. More specifically, organizations are turning to ML models as an alternative to traditional models to gain faster, more accurate and insightful predictions and classifications in their risk management and financial management business decisions. Because they are more complex and less transparent than traditional models, ML models pose a unique set of challenges to model risk management and model validation. Join our webinar to learn about the challenges and benefits of incorporating machine learning models into your risk management program.
- Discuss practical applications of machine learning models at financial services institutions
- Define the unique set of challenges associated with validating machine learning models
- Develop customized methods for validating ML models within your institution based on industry best practices