NY GDPR Workshop
The European Union’s new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) went into effect on May 25, 2018, and was designed to strengthen data protection for European Union residents. As a result, organizations that have EU employees or do business with EU customers will need to understand the impacts of regulatory requirements, assess and remediate processes and technologies and potentially implement changes to achieve and maintain compliance.
You are invited to join your industry peers and Protiviti leaders for a discussion focused on topics such as:
- Identifying the “aftermath” of the GDPR – what companies have done and what they are planning to do over the next 12 months
- Understanding the scope of GDPR regulations and how they may apply to your business.
- Discussing new US Privacy Laws: Colorado Privacy Law, California Consumer Privacy Act, Chicago City Privacy Regulation
- Recent Data Protection Authority decisions and guidance
- Planning and executing GDPR audits
Check-in: 8:00–8:30 am
Roundtable: 8:30–10:30 am
CPE Credits offered: 2