NACD Dinner Series: Monitoring Geopolitical Shifts
With the jury still out as to what the Trump administration and factions within the Republican majority can get done on major policy fronts, there are many topics of interest here for directors with hardly a single industry that isn’t exposed in some way to the specter of regulatory and geopolitical change.
Topics to consider include how boards are overseeing their organizations as they :
- Monitor developments inside the Beltway.
- Reach out to legislators and regulators.
- Manage the business in an unpredictable, uncertain environment.
- Navigate global markets as geopolitical tensions increase.
- Evaluate the impact of potential market shifts on the strategy.
- Formulate contingency plans to pivot should unexpected, disruptive change occur.
The focus of this dialogue is on the business implications of geopolitical shifts and policy changes, and not on the politics in general.