AML and Sanctions Compliance: Insights for 2019
AML and sanctions compliance enforcement costs remain in the billions as financial institutions in the U.S. continue to be challenged by new regulatory requirements and continuing enforcement action remediation. But, for the first time in a long time, there are indications that 2019 could be better. The regulators have clarified the difference between guidance and legal requirements and have signaled their support for exploring how innovative technologies may enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of AML and sanctions compliance programs. There are also signs that AML legislative reform may be on the horizon.
Presenters from Arnold & Porter LLP and Protiviti Inc. will provide insights on the year ahead, including:
- changes in the sanctions landscape ;
- examination expectations;
- beneficial ownership implementation issues;
- lessons learned from recent bank and broker dealer enforcement actions;
- regtech adoption; and
- the outlook for legislative reform.
CLE credit is provided for eligible attendees.