Eric is a Director in the Protiviti Dallas office. His primary area of focus is within the Business Performance Improvement Solution. He has assisted clients with finance process optimization, financial reporting remediation, acquisition due diligence, and project management. In addition, he also has an extensive experience with Sarbanes Oxley Compliance and Internal Audit Quality Assessment Validation. Eric provides leadership within several finance operations areas including close the books, account reconciliations, and process re-engineering. With over 20 years of management consulting, auditing, and accounting experience, Eric has assisted many companies in transforming their financial processes through eliminating manual effort, integrating technology, and adopting leading practices to reduce cost. Eric regularly serves as a subject matter expert on initiatives pertaining to improvements within the Finance function.
- Project lead for a financial governance and reporting project for a major consumer products company. Lead an assessment to develop an overall finance framework for the Client’s EMEA and APAC regions. Eric is currently assisting the company with the implementation of the framework including the design and development of a new process for financial variance analysis and enabling system reports, a SharePoint based variance commentary tool, and enhanced governance practices over select financial processes.
- Project lead for a major transformation effort for an upstream refining company. Eric lead the Record to Report (RTR) and Order to Cash (OTC) work streams for the initial assessment and identified multiple opportunities for improvement. Eric also lead a follow-on implementation effort that resulted in rationalization and optimization of the general ledger.
- Project lead for shared services assessment for a travel consolidator. Eric lead a team of Protiviti and client staff in identifying significant savings opportunities for the client including development of shared services functions for accounting and operations staff, in conjunction with a new ERP implementation. Savings identified included rationalization of staffing needs and process improvements in AR, AP, and general accounting.
- Project lead for an end-to-end process improvement initiative for an international banking client. Eric assisted the company in transitioning several operational processes from a manual to an automated environments and in integrating loan portfolios from an acquired company.
- Project lead for multiple process improvement initiatives within the financial close process. These engagements involved process re-engineering that leveraged technology to reduce manual effort and costs within the close and reconciliation processes. Eric helped these clients to reduce the cycle time of the close process and the workload of key employees by eliminating waste, integrating technology to reduce manual work, and rebalancing tasks among personnel and day of close. Eric also lead software selection activities for these clients, including development of business requirements, facilitation of the RFP process, and vendor selection support.
Areas of Expertise
- Financial Process Assessment and Design
- M&A Due Diligence
- Project Management
- System Selection and Implementation Support
- Process Governance and Risk Assessment
- Energy and Utilities
- Consumer Products
- Financial Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Higher Education
- BBA, Accounting – Texas A&M University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Member, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants