Eric is a Managing Director in the Indianapolis Office. Eric has over 17 years of experience in the areas of internal audit, information technology, business process and operational controls audit, and risk advisory and consulting services.
Eric graduated from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Information Systems and a Master's Business Administration in Finance. He has been a featured speaker in the Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Louisville for the local IIA chapters, Finance Executives International, the Association of College and University Auditors Conference. Eric’s areas of focus include IT Internal Audit, current trends in the Internal Audit practices, and emerging risk areas including Digitalization, NextGen Internal Audit and Cybersecurity.
- Currently responsible for Internal Audit co-sourcing and outsourcing relationships for his clients in the Ohio Valley Region. Scope of activities includes conducting risk assessments, development of internal audit plans, execution of audits and stakeholder reporting.
- Oversight of IT Sarbanes-Oxley testing and compliance efforts clients in the Ohio Valley Region, including year one SOX assessments, ongoing testing, and IT control environment rationalization.
- IT Audit lead for Ohio Valley companies in the financial services, manufacturing, and telecommunications and healthcare industries. Duties include Internal Audit risk assessment, audit plan development, project management, strategic leadership, and account management.
- Supervised IT Internal Audits in the area of Cybersecurity, ERP pre and post-implementation review, Disaster Recovery and Continuity planning, and IT strategy and governance. Recent systems and projects spanning General Finance and Reporting, Electronic Medical Records, Workforce Management, and Human Resources.
- Conducted full-scope Quality Assurance Review (QAR) services for a $10 billion assets financial institution as well as a $2.2 billion revenue global automotive manufacturer in 2016 reporting the results and leading practices to the Audit Committee.
- Led Internal Audit and strategic IT consulting engagements for a $2.1 billion revenue global manufacturer directly relating to a $10+million ERP implementation/transformation project.
Areas of Expertise
- Internal Audit
- Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance
- Risk Assessment
- IT Governance and Strategy
- Financial Services
- Energy & Utilities
- MBA – Finance, Indiana University
- B.S. – Computer Information Systems, Indiana University
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- The IIA Indianapolis Chapter – Past President and current Board Member
- IIA Accredited QAR Training Certificate