Ed is a Managing Director and leader of our Financial Services Industry Technology Consulting practice. He has over 30 years of experience in the financial services industry, serving in a broad variety of IT leadership roles. Prior to joining Protiviti, Ed was a technology executive at a Top 10 U.S. bank where he focused on merger and acquisition integrations, business and IT transformation, enterprise architecture, and enterprise data. Earlier, Ed spent nearly 20 years with a large, international IT services firm providing software development, systems integration, merger and acquisition support, and application management services to financial services companies across the U.S. Ed is also a former Chair of the Large Financials Advisory Board for Fidelity Information Services.
- Led enterprise architecture and enterprise data services at a top 10 U.S. bank, where he was responsible for creating target architectures and implementation roadmaps for multiple, diverse lines of business, including credit card, retail bank, commercial bank, mortgage, auto finance, and corporate solutions that collectively formed a cohesive and integrated enterprise architecture.
- Served as Retail Bank CIO at a large U.S. bank, where he led the IT integration efforts resulting from multiple bank acquisitions that transformed the organization into a top 10 U.S. bank.
- Developed and executed transformational strategies and a multi-year roadmap for a large US retail bank’s core banking infrastructure aligned to the bank’s innovation and aggressive growth strategy.
- Led the selection and roadmap development for loan origination and servicing platforms for a variety of financial services organizations ranging from a top-tier US bank to a regional US bank to multiple Agriculture finance organizations.
- Led the implementation of improvements to IT governance, including enhanced investment planning, improved data governance, Agile development methodologies, and release management capabilities, resulting in significant improvements in both business alignment and IT performance and agility.
- Designed and executed a multi-year transformation of aging technology infrastructure for a large regional bank to create adaptive, service oriented architecture (SOA) foundation for product and service innovation.
- Deployed an innovative, industry-leading customer loyalty program that demonstrated substantial improvements in customer retention, product penetration, and product usage.
- Led dozens of major payment projects across a wide variety of payment methods, including mobile, ACH, debit card (EFT), credit card, ATM, wire, lockbox, and check processing.
- Led a multi-year integrated business and technology AML transformation at a large U.S. broker dealer.
- Led the assessment of IT capabilities for a large international life insurance firm relative to the ability to support an aggressive digitization agenda, resulting in a multi-year roadmap to align IT capabilities to business needs.
- Actively engaged in the evaluation of technology and business innovation opportunities, including the evaluation of emerging technologies such as Cloud, Big Data, Blockchain, and data visualization and the adoption of Agile/DevOps development methodologies.
Areas of Expertise
- Business and Technology Alignment
- Program Management
- IT Governance
- Portfolio Management
- Enterprise Architecture
- Software Development / Systems Integration
- Mergers and Acquisitions / Integrations
- Core Banking Technology
- Loan Origination and Servicing
- Emerging Technology Adoption
- Agile Software Development Methodologies
- MBA, Business Administration, University of Phoenix, 2006
- BS, Business Administration, University of California, Bakersfield, 1981
Professional Memberships & Certifications
- Concours IT Leadership Development Program, Babson College, Boston, MA 2006
- Former Chair of the Board, Large Financials Advisory Board, Fidelity Information Systems
Read Protiviti Blog Posts from Ed Page