Don is a Managing Director in the Data and Analytics practice at Protiviti. He has full life cycle data warehouse, information management, and information governance experience in multiple verticals and technology platforms. He speaks globally, has published four books, and mentors customers of all sizes on data warehousing, MDM, governance, ETL, SAP HANA, and data quality best practices. Don has over 19 years of information technology experience in the following areas: ETL Architecture, Development, and Tuning, Logical and Physical Data Modeling, Database and System Administration, Data Warehouse Design, Report Architectures, Business Analysis, Speaking, Technical Training, Mentoring, and Project Management.
- Program SME for a global media and technology company leading a financial transformation BI reporting effort.
- SAP HANA lead architect for a global pharma research organization. Advised, mentored, and led on best practices for a next generation business intelligence system.
- Principal on an SAP HANA EDW conversion - BW on HANA integration for a global Fortune 500 manufacturer.
- Principal on a global CRM data quality initiative for a Fortune 500 global industrial automation company.
- Principal on a data governance initiative for a Fortune 500 consumer and commercial products company. Initiative produced data quality KPI driven scorecards and real-time predictive data quality management against SAP ECC.
- Principal on a data governance initiative for a Fortune 500 leading packaged foods company. Led a team and design that developed data quality KPI driven scorecards against SAP ECC
- Principal architect of a data warehouse for a large county government agency. The focus supported insurance claims processing. Developed a financial claims reconciliation to drive claims and eligibility reconciliation between state and county agencies.
- Designed curriculum and delivered mentoring for SAP Global Education at a Data Services Elite Event at SAP headquarters targeting the SAP partner ecosystem. Mentored partner community on ETL, real-time, data quality, best practices with SAP HANA.
- Designed and implemented SAP Data Quality Management to derive master data from transactions to load Oracle UCM for a global Fortune 500.
- Led and mentored a team of developers on a data migration effort to implement Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP for a leading US optical retailer.
Areas of Expertise
- Logical and Physical Data Modeling
- Data and System Administration
- ETL Architecture, Development, and Tuning
- Data Warehouse Design
- Report Architectures
- Business Analysis
- Technical Training
- Project Management
- Consumer Product Goods (CPG)
- B.A. Sociology – Auburn University
- SAP Certified Application Associate
- SAP Certified Trainer - SAP EIM Stack
- Advisory board member SAPExperts publications for SAPinsider