David is a Managing Director in Protiviti’s Risk & Compliance solution, focusing on Lender Due Diligence services. A founding member of Protiviti, he has over 20 years experience in risk consulting, auditing, and financial accounting & analysis.
In addition to his experience with Protiviti since May 2002, his career includes nine years in public accounting and two years in private industry:
- Big 5 Public Accounting Firm: Seven years of external auditing and two years of internal auditing for both public and private companies. In addition to regular external and internal audits, this experience includes assisting clients with: initial public offerings; debt and equity offerings; transaction due diligence and merger filings; accounting standards adoptions; agreed-upon procedures and SAS 70 reviews; comfort and debt compliance letters; transfer agent / registrar reviews; enterprise risk assessments; and internal audit plan development.
$5 Billion Consumer Products Company: Two years as an internal audit manager (global finance, marketing & sales portfolio focus) and a corporate finance supervisor (including executing several CFO & controller special projects). Performed both domestic and international audits. Led the company’s competitor financial analysis committee for one year. Awarded an Officer’s Award for assistance with a $1+ billion business spin-off.
- Managing Director on hundreds of lender due diligence reviews annually, both pre-loan and existing transactions, for over 20 clients, focusing on trade receivables from manufacturing, consumer products, energy and other industries, as well as various other collateral asset classes including student loans, auto loans, equipment leases, etc. Experience includes engagement planning, fieldwork execution, report preparation, issues consultation, quality assurance, etc.
- Internal / IT audit experience across numerous clients and business & technology areas, including risk assessment & audit plan development, ERP controls & security audit, 3rd party vendor reviews, and fraud investigation. Experience includes internal audit start-up and international operations coverage.
- Internal audit quality assurance review experience, both readiness reviews and independent validation of self-assessment, with multiple internal audit clients.
- Enterprise risk management experience, including enterprise risk assessment and fraud risk assessment using facilitated sessions / voting technology and/or surveys.
- SOX 404 and Model Audit Rule compliance experience across numerous clients and areas, including general IT controls (leveraging ITGI and GAIT frameworks) and project-to-process improvement consultation.
Protiviti Other: Regional SOX project-to-process ‘champion’ (2007). Sponsor for Internal Audit Manager School re-design & pilot course delivery (2007). Sponsor for CAE iForum, a web-based knowledge-sharing service for Chief Audit Executives (2007-08). Member of U.S. Quality Risk Management Committee (2013-present).
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Lender Due Diligence
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Public Accountant
Certified Internal Auditor
Institute of Internal Auditors
American Institute of CPA’s