David has more than 20 years of business experience working with a variety of organizations to identify and resolve business issues and enhance performance. As the Country Market Leader of Protiviti Greater China, he is also responsible for establishing Protiviti China’s vision and strategy, driving and overseeing people development, solution innovation and development as well as business development of the practice.
David started his career with Arthur Andersen Hong Kong and joined Protiviti Greater China since 2004. He advises a broad range of companies in areas of process improvement, corporate governance, system implementation and other operational issues in China and APAC.
- David advised internal audit functions and risk management functions of various companies in terms of medium-to-long term functional development plan, specifically talent development, sourcing model, internal branding and marketing, communication protocol with management, tools and methodologies as well as digital transformation of these functions so as to be aligned and relevant with corporate strategies and needs
- David led large-scale internal control projects which assist companies in aligning authority, roles and responsibilities of key stakeholders/departments, defining control activities and respective performance indicators, enhancing policies and procedures and coordinating implementation and change management
- David is the leader of various system development projects for one of the largest TMC players in China to support client’s operations. Protiviti helped develop the operating model and design infrastructure to manage the relevant business processes, implement new systems, as well as foster change management for the whole organization
- He led projects to assist various clients in improving the effectiveness and efficiency of finance and procurement functions by designing and implementing solutions in policies and procedures, organizational structure, reporting, system and data, etc.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance
- Performance Improvement
- Technology, Media & Communication
- Consumer Goods and Services
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Bachelor of Business – Professional Accountancy, the CUHK
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Member, Hong Kong Institute of CPAs
- Fellow Member, Chartered Association of Certified Accountants
- Institute of Internal Auditors