Christy has extensive experience in the financial services industry with a focus on global and national banks and insurance companies. As a part of the Risk & Compliance practice, Christy has worked on a number of enterprise and operational risk engagements in order to help her clients enhance risk management processes across the first, second, and third lines of defense. Christy has also worked on data governance and process re-design engagements.
Enterprise Risk Management and Strategic Planning
- Led the development of a five-year strategic roadmap for the Chief Risk Office of a leading financial services institution, spanning the Bank, Insurance and Wealth Management lines of business, as well as Risk Analytics, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operational Risk, and Enterprise Risk Management. Built a strategic framework and detailed roadmap guiding the Chief Risk Office towards a clearly defined end-state vision and prioritized set of objectives, encompassing industry leading practices and regulatory expectations.
- Led the development of a three-year GRC (Governance, Risk, Compliance) technology strategic roadmap for a leading financial institution, spanning all areas of enterprise risk, operational risk, and compliance risk, as well as all lines of defense. Identified current state pain points and target state requirements, defined the GRC technology vision and recommendations, and developed a comprehensive roadmap.
- Supported the initial implementation and rollout of an Enterprise Risk Management framework for a top four U.S. stock exchange.
- Led several Enterprise Risk Assessments across various industries, including financial services, actionable intelligence and non-profit. Worked with Executive Management to understand strategic objectives, identify and prioritize key risks, and develop action plans to improve risk management capabilities.
- Lead the development of a Risk Management Fundamentals Training for a global institutional investments manager to drive consistent understanding and best practices within portfolio companies, and delivered the half day training to portfolio company Board members. Provided recommendations to enhance risk management standards and guidelines based on industry leading practices.
- Led an audit covering alignment to the OCC’s Heightened Standards guidelines for the U.S. bank of a large foreign banking organization.
Operational Risk Management
- Led multiple engagements for leading financial institutions to develop Risk and Control Self Assessments. This included the development of tools, templates, and reporting, the identification of risks, controls and regulatory requirements, and the completion of risk assessments
- Developed the Bank Operational Risk Management framework for a leading financial institution in order to drive compliance with Enterprise Operational Risk Management standards. Additionally, supported execution of Bank ORM risk profiles, ongoing monitoring, and targetted assessments.
- Lead the implementation of an innovative and structured means of gathering, aggregating, and scoring data in order to measure Internal Audit’s performance across key components of Internal Audit’s program. Designed interactive reporting in order to provide an understanding, trending, and forward-looking view of Internal Audit’s performance.
Areas of Expertise
- Operational Risk Management
- Enterprise Risk Management
- Data Governance
- Internal Audit
- Program and Project Management
- Financial Services
- B.B.A. – Finance, minor in Mathematical Sciences, Loyola College in Maryland
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Risk Management Association (RMA)